“Very simple interior, but WOW on the selections and taste of India, Nepal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Guru's Nepalese Restaurant

Guru's Nepalese Restaurant
448 E Main St., Montrose, CO 81401 (Formerly Nepal Restaurant)
(970) 252-8777
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Montrose, Colorado
“Very simple interior, but WOW on the selections and taste of India, Nepal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We visit here about every other week because the food is authentic, portions are large and the Chai tea cup never empty. Host is gracious, attentive and very informative. Try the Nepalese sampler for a good selection of Indian/Nepalese treats. Everything here is worth trying. Prices are very good and you can choose your spiciness by asking. Great unexpected find in Montrose!

Visited December 2011

Paonia
“Great value and even better food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I have gone to Guru's at least a dozen times. We have never had a bad meal there. The buffet is a good value considering the high quality of the food. The saag in great, as are the chicken dishes. We can't eat the breads, but they look wonderful. Many times, the owner has come out and chatted with us, and now remembers us and is a wonderful person. We like the sparse decoration, as we are there for the food! We wish they were open earlier on Sunday.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montrose, CO
“What a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I love this place. Delicious food whether you go for the lunch buffet or a nice dinner. Very reasonably priced, family run establishment.

Visited February 2012
Rutland, Vermont
“Worthy of a pilgrimage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I used to travel over 100 miles (2 hours) EACH WAY from Crested Butte to visit this restaurant when it was called Nepal Restaurant - about once a week. I now live on the east coast and I think about flying to Montrose just to eat lunch buffet here. The saag paneer is by far the best I've ever had, the naan is perfect and the veggie samosas are incredible. If you are in Montrose, you HAVE to eat here. Or, if you live far away, consider flying to Montrose just to eat here, as I am considering doing now. This is the best food I have ever eaten in my life.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“New Review - for a new name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Since Guru's now has their own review list under their new name, I wanted to take the time to add to what I had said about them under their old listing (Nepal Restaurant).

They have EXCELLENT East Indian fare - some of the best I've had outside the "big cities". Go for the buffet - great value and a good overall selection of their everyday choices. I eat here often.

• Visited January 2012