“Best Stay in State of Colorado!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monarch Mountain Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monarch
Monarch Mountain Lodge
22720 West US Hwy 50, Monarch, CO   |
Montrose, Colorado
“Best Stay in State of Colorado!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have driven by this Lodge many, many times, often wondering what the inside looked like and how the stay would be...what a waste of my time to NEVER get out of my car and venture in to see! In September of this year(2012)my car broke down right in front. The Staff WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY(Who does that anymore!?)to #1, look at my auto to decide if I would be safe to drive it. #2, to immediately carry in all my bags and make sure I was comfortable in my room when it was decided my car would be towed in the am. #3, although the Restaurant was closed, offered me food. #4, I stayed there 2 nights and 3 whole days and was taken care of, all my needs were met and I made some very good friends. Monarch Mountain Lodge will no longer be a 'drive by' for me, I will stay the night from now on. Who cares about the extra day in my travels, the beauty of the land surrounding this Lodge, the beauty of the people running this establishment and of course, the Hot Tubs under the sky at night, the Indoor Heated Pool that was the cleanest I'd ever seen, the Sauna that actually worked, the Showers and Work Out Equipment are an absolute plus. Oh, and did I mention the FAIR prices!??? WOW! I will most definitely be recommending this Lodge and have many more nights there to write about. If you've never been, you have missed a 'GEM' in the Rocky Mountains!!! I'd like to thank Rik, Nikki, Ricky and of course, Duane for making a disastrous trip an exciting adventure! In the infamous words of Arnold, "I'll be back!"

Room Tip: I had a balcony room that was very nice. But all of the rooms seemed nice. The rooms overlooking the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We read the mixed reviews and decided to try it out on our way to Ouray, Co. Turned out to be a thumbs up. Upon arriving the manager showed us 4 different types of rooms, we took the suite as it was very reasonable and large.The restaurant and bar were open (6pm) and had a good meal & drinks served by Lauri, with a great view of the mountains. In the morning we had a breakfast of blueberry pancakes with biscuits & sausage gravy. Later we went and enjoyed the outside hot springs tubs Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A note to the wise, some rooms are very small and you can hear your neighbors.

Room Tip: 4th floor suites are quieter & larger
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My room was clean and quiet (stream side) with little to no U.S. 50 traffic noise. However, it lacked a number of items that is usually found in a typical hotel room, i.e. no radio, iron, hair dryer, etc. I ate a few times at the on-site restaurant and found the food to be excellent. The indoor pool was also clean and well maintained. A property agent might describe this lodge as rustic which has definitely seen better days, but if you just want a basic lodging stay this lodge may fit you needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a stream side room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
WOODLAND PARK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

this lodge, on our way to skiing at Monarch or adventuring on the western slope. Overheated, frustrated and without accommodations, fate brought us to MML and we had a most unexpectedly wonderful time. Quiet, comfortable, clean and serene, just what we needed. Great hiking trails beyond the pond out back. Sure, it's in the middle of nowhere. Sure, they stopped redecorating in 1987. Sure, the summertime staff was thin. BUT they accepted our pets due to an emergency. They upgraded us to a suite with a kitchen so we would be most comfortable and we could fix our own food. They gave us an unbelievably good rate. Anything we wanted, they bent over backward to make sure it happened. The service from the staff was incredible, stopping just short of over-servicing. Perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

After a night of pouring rain in the tent, the Lodge was a very welcome dry night. It is priced right and a great value, but in desperate need of repair and upkeep.

Room Tip: Floor access kind of funky. If you are hauling bikes or anything in, may want to ask as you may have...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Even considering the reviews, my husband and I tried out this lodge last week because we wanted to hike in the area. We were VERY pleasantly surprised and extended our stay there. Rooms were very clean (no smell), service was VERY friendly and helpful (one employee took time and effort to direct us to some wonderful dayhiking nearby--we never would have found the place otherwise), food was VERY good (I am a salad snob--and theirs was fresh and made with care). I ordered breakfast off-menu and got exactly what I wanted at a great price. The spa and pool, sauna were spotless. And the spring water there is fabulous. The views from our mountain-side room and the restaurant are lovely. Can't beat the price. Can't wait to go back when the aspens turn.

Room Tip: Mountainside rooms are the best!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

It's an old hotel with concrete block walls. Can hear everything through the walls. I mean everything. If your going to play at Monarch mountain this is the place to stay. Be warned keep an mind. We where able to get a good price that help make it worth it.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Monarch Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!