“What a Great Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Austin, TX
“What a Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Turntable was recommended to us by several folks in Minturn (which is about tem miles from Vail). What a unique experience. The place is a page out of the 50's, even the music. An eclectic mix of décor includes life-size Elvis and Marilyn Monroe figures, railroad memorabilia, and yes, a year-round pink flocked Christmas tree. Menu leans heavily towards burgers, steaks, chicken fried steak, and an extensive Mexican menu. I had a cup of their prize winning green chile along with an excellent steak burrito, the others had chicken fried steak and several other Mexican specialties. Very large portions and if you want a little break from the pretentiousness of Vail and Beaver Creek, this local eatery will really hit the spot!

• Visited September 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Charming with yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you want a flashback to the 50's and 60's, there is no better place than this. It's a non-pretentious old fashioned American restaurant with lots of charm. My friends and I had breakfast and ate very well. I had to order my eggs with biscuits and hash browns. It came with a little cup of delicious raspberry jelly and a little cup of soft butter. And it was all soooooo good. The service was very good and the people are friendly. It's worth stopping by!

• Visited August 2013
Colorado
“Barely edible. Not going back there.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Today I needed to stop for a quick breakfast in Minturn. Since I'd never eaten in Minturn, I checked TripAdvisor and this was rated #1. When I went in I told the waitress that I wanted some simple and relatively healthy and didn't look at the menu since I was in a rush. She suggested the vegetable omelet, which certainly seemed like a resonable choice. She also asked if I wanted cheese. I said yes, thinking she was being very considerate in being concerned about my health. So after all this I was pretty surprised when this relatively small, very greasy omelet omelet came out with a slice of American cheddar cheese melted on top came out. The cheese was gross, so I scraped that off. I managed to eat half the omelet. The best part of the meal was the whole wheat toast. I didn't have anything to drink, and the total with tax and top came to $13 which I thought was really high for something rather pathetic. It would have been $14, except she took off the dollar I was charged for the awful piece of cheese. Yuck.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wilmette, Illinois
“Great food, not FANCY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for late breakfast. Quality was excellent, and portions were huge.
Not fancy,decorated with tons of memorabilia, and nice people working there. Ten minutes outside of Vail.

• Visited June 2013
Goleen, Ireland
“It's still in the 1960s and the food is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you want to be reminded of how a diner looked and felt 50 years ago then head for the Turntable. The food is great, mostly Mexican in nature, and the portions tasty and huge. Service is fast and friendly. No alcohol but you won't miss it on this occasion as you enjoy fresh cooking and ingredients. We have been making annual visits for over 20 years, nothing changes!

• Visited March 2013