“delicious margaritas” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
“delicious margaritas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was great and the ambiance was quintessential Colorado. The Minturn Saloon is definitely a place we would go back to on our next Vail trip!

Visited April 2013

“I'm a Mexi-can”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great Mexican food in one of the coolest old ski-town bars left in America! Ski the Mile, or ride your bike to Minturn and make the Saloon a must stop!

Visited April 2013
Denver, CO
“Historic with a Special Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We discovered the Minturn Saloon on an episode shoot of our Sportfishing TV Series LIP'EM & RIP'EM last week. After a hard day's work, this is a great place to unwind as it's atmosphere is dark and warm, without those annoying overhead lights that too many places have nowadays. The restaurant is divided into two distinct sections of the large bar with elongated tables and the main room with plenty of seating. The walls are adorned with sports and celebrity headshots - most of which were acquired during the 70s/80s when Bob Cherry owned the place. Steve and Andy are the owners and great, interesting guys. Bruce, was our bartender/server and very attentive. We had to try the famous Margarita, so that was a good start; well blended and not so overloaded with sweet & sour mix. The menu has a great selection of steak and quail combos - but all of us had quail on our plates, which was cooked perfectly. Some other reviewers noted that it's not a "local" place, which wasn't our experience as there were mostly locals in the bar area who were outgoing and introduced themselves to our TV Hosts. I had the Enchilada plate, but after sharing the quail - I'd recommend that since it is so rare to find and they do it so very well. Take some time soaking in some of the pictures on the wall and you might likely find some historic memories. I understand now, why John Wayne himself liked this place. (It was too early for the patio to be open, so I can't rightly comment on that.)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Noisy, Overpriced, Poor quality food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This establishment is a tourist trap as locals would not frequent it. The food was very mediocre: white rice, tasteless beans, boring salsa. The wait staff seemed overwhelmed and thus not very attentive. (Here's your food!) I am amazed that this restaurant can stay open in an area that delivers very good food/service. Find another place to eat even if you have to drive a few extra miles.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very Overrated..Tourist Trap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had read many reviews on here about how great this place was....margaritas are amazing, ribs are to die for. I have never written a negative review of anything in my life (only two positive on tripadvisor) mainly because I don't want to take the time and feel like you'll all figure it out on your own, this is my exception. Staff was great, knowledgeable and friendly. Our waitress gave us her opinion regarding which margaritas to order and food. The margaritas are ok, but c'mon if you really think your going to find the best margaritas in Colorado?!? At this point I should add my husband is from Texas and we have both lived in St Louis for some time. He made the mistake of listening to the waitress and me (based upon reviews) and going with the ribs. They are ok, not great by any means. Maybe we are spoiled from St Louis and Texas BBQ, but honestly it is overrated. My fish taco was ok, the chicken enchilada was bad. These were both recommendations and we were just very unimpressed. Best way to explain this place...Tourist Trap!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere