“The only place to stay in Meeker, CO” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White River Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meeker
White River Inn
You added White River Inn to your Saves list
219 East Market Street, Meeker, CO 81641   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meeker
Phoenix, AZ
“The only place to stay in Meeker, CO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the White River Inn at least 5 times over the last 5 or 6 years and have never been disappointed. Meeker is a charming little town, and we visit as often as we can. The rooms are immaculate. So much so, that the counters, tub and sinks look waxed! The rooms are a good size and the king bed room, has a sofa bed in it, as well as a table, 2 chairs, a microwave, bar sink, fridge and microwave. The carpeting is a little older, but clean. The folks in the office are helpful and cordial. You can occasionally see deer on the property munching grass or leaves, and there is a large grassy area where you can sit at a table and enjoy the surroundings. The Inn is quiet and peaceful. Over the years, prices have increased, but a room can be had for around $100 with tax. This is not a chain, so don't expect a continental breakfast, but the WiFi is excellent and connection is easy, without a password. If you find yourself in Meeker, CO - this is the place you'll want to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the back of the Inn, further away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
the West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Clean, quiet, homey. This is not a chain motel with all the competing amenities. White River Inn is a comfy motel where you can sit under the blue spruce and watch birds and maybe a deer browsing nearby. Our room was very clean and had every necessity we could want. It is also reasonably priced for those who want a clean, quiet room on a budget. The owners were very helpful. It's quiet because it isn't in the center of town, and that gives you a great excuse to take a leisurely walk through a charming western town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayden, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was on a two-week motorcycle trip through 5 states, and this was, by far, the cleanest, best maintained motel I stayed at. Very quiet, and I could park right in front of the room. Owner was very friendly and gracious. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Just passing through on my motorcycle and need a place to rest and clean up. Very clean room and nicely priced. Will stay if I'm in the area. Very friendly and helpful staff that took care of all my needs.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rangely, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night when I was in town on business. First, let me say that the property looked well maintained and my room was spotless! I had a king size suite in the 'new part' that was replete with a well appointed bathroom and kitchenette with a good sized sink, fridge, and microwave. The remote for the TV was one of the newer ones that can be cleaned well. Overall I was very impressed with the basics of this room.

Now for the negatives that prevent me from being able to give a better rating.
- The door locks were the old keyed variety. This was particularly concerning since the door did not have an interior chain or one of those sliding bar locks.
- The bed, while very comfortable sported one of those old floral print polyester motel bedspreads that alway make you wonder how often they are laundered and what nasty things they are hiding. I much prefer the newer trend of bed coverings that are laundered between each guest.
- There is no live attendant between 9pm and 7 am to handle problems.
- Here's the biggest problem. The free wifi that they advertised did not work. For me this is really big deal and is a large factor in my choice of lodging. When I discovered that it didn't work I called the front desk. It was 8:55 pm (they said they staffed until 9 pm) and they were already gone for the night. I discovered this morning, while talking with another guest that he informed management of the internet problem 3 days ago and it has not been repaired. I understand that these things can take time, but it seems to me that this should have been divulged before check-in to give me an opportunity to go elsewhere if necessary. After all, they do advertise that they have internet.

In short, had these few details been appropriately addressed I would give this motel top marks. Instead, I'm not even sure I will stay here again. Cleanliness, location, and value were excellent, but the finer points still need work.

Room Tip: Ask for the new section.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
grover1960, Owner at White River Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I tried to contact this person twice to offer a refund but he never responded.The reason we use keys instead of cards is because your credit info can be hacked.Rooms have a deadbolt along with a double lock on the primary handle.The remarks about the types of bedding NO HOTELS wash the duvet daily, you would be naive to believe that.As for the internet signal be down he is correct, but it was a problem that my internet provider has fixed. We also have rooms with a eathernet connection for down loading large files. Thanks L.D. Grove
Steamboat Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed one night and would definitely stay again. The lady who checked us in was very friendly. We had a king room "in the new part" which was clean and spacious. Outside of the bathroom was a separate sink and counter with a microwave and small fridge. There was also a small table and couch which would make the room comfortable for longer stays. One negative is noise from cars parked right outside your door/window and some highway traffic noise. For a small town motel, this place is decent and affordable and more than what I expected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Passing through and decided to stop and stay with little availability in Meeker. The gentleman that waited on us wasn't very friendly at all. He was very short and seemed in a hurry to get us on our way. Rooms were clean but small and not the most updated. No extras such as: Continental breakfast, Jacuzzi's, Exercise room, nor a Lounge area. Definetely will look for a different place to stay when we pass through next time. Especially without a website or pics on Trip Advisor to see what hotel looks like.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
grover1960, Owner at White River Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
The owner e-mailed this person twice with no response we were going to offer a refund if he was unhappy,as you can see by our reviews customer satisfaction is our number one goal.Thanks L.D. Grove (owner)

Been to White River Inn? Share your experiences!