“Out of this world!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Mountain Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mc Coy
Black Mountain Ranch
Save Saved
You added Black Mountain Ranch to your Saves list
4000 Conger Mesa Road, Mc Coy, CO 80463   |
Denver
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Even though I wasn't a horse rider I had agreed to join my partner here for a weeks vacation. I had seen all the other activities on offer and that was good enough for me. However, I ended up riding every day. The staff were extremely patient and helpful. I was able to try different horses & saddles. It was the most amazing experience. OK I'm no John Wayne but I can highly recommend a stay here. Previous 'tripadvisors' have said all the great things about this ranch and activities but what ties it all together is the May family and wranglers who run the place....I can't praise them all enough. What a lovely environment to spend some truly quality time. Enjoyed it so much I'm coming back with my son!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have chosen Black Mountain Ranch after receiving information from all dude ranches in Colorado.

Here are our impressions:

Details:

Accomodation: The rooms at BMR are are very good equipped, designed with love and were very clean. (similiar to 4 or 5 star hotel)

Food: The Kitchen crew created some outstanding meals which are definately high above average hotel food. You would never expect such good food at a dude ranch. Absolutely high class.

Staff: The staff is very kind, all wishes were fulfilled and as a guest you are treated like a good friend or even a member of the BMR family.

Activities: We had much fun riding riding varied trails. (not a single one twice!!!). The wranglers are well trained and even a good and skilled rider can still learn from them. We also loved the shooting range.

Overall: It´s the May familiy and the staff that made the Cowboy experience so outstanding. We have been to more than 200 differnt hotels, bed and breakfast ... and have never felt such a great hospitality as on BMR. If you are worried why there is no TV in the room: The last thing you will need ther is a TV. You will have so much fun and such a good time, with a mixture of adventure and relaxation that you won´t even think about a TV (or going home after the week))

We would absolutely reccommend BMR and we will definately be back!

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a fantastic time on this trip. As others have said, really friendly, great food (Bob rules), and the very best views. There is so much to do whether you are an experienced rider or a total novice. We will be back.

Arran

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This vacation is the best place to bring your family, or as we did spent our 25year Anniversary there. The May Family & Staff our very friendly, and lots of fun. We played the true part of Cowboy & Cowgirl...We have already booked for next year!!!! No doubt we will be back! Plenty of Food and serious partying going on. This is our favorite vacation spot!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This ranch couldn't be friendlier, better organised or more comfortable. All the staff without exception were friendly and fun, the accomodation superb, the food (thanks to Bob) was way beyond my expections (I won't forget that prime rib in a hurry).

The ranch is very relaxed, there is a packed program but no obligation to do anything you don't want to do. If you want to ride trails, work on your skillls in the area, fish, shoot or whatever, they will make it work.

The saloon is the social centre of the ranch, many don't have one!

Hot tubs and pool well maintained.

Much smaller than some ranches enabling a much more intimate and friendly atmosphere.

PLUS excellent value.

No wonder they have such a high percentage of repeat guests. Can't recommend enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in Elm Park (number 10) which was one of the newer cabins. Very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

this vacation at bmr was one of the top vacations i have ever been on. the staff and the owners were the nicest and friendliest people you will ever meet in the world. they were always there for anything you wanted or needed. the food was outstanding and plenty of it, if you went hungry at bmr it was your own fault. the riding, the scenery the other guests were just amazing. i highly reccomend anyone who wants to have the time of their life visit this ranch as soon as possible.

Room Tip: cabins were very spacious and comfy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

So my wife finally talked me into going here for a summer vacation. I was very hesitant as I'm a type of person that likes sand between their toes when taking a trip. Needless to say, this was my most favorite vacation--and we've been on many! I got to be a cowboy for a week and loved it...from the trail rides and cattle drive with the beautiful scenery, to the skeet shooting, the petting zoo, the four wheelers, "my" horse Bandit, the saloon(!), the food, and of course, the endearing staff. You can do as much or as little as you'd like and either way, take home a life-changing experience. You simply can not go wrong with BMR.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Black Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!