“Awesome hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Crags Estates

You added Red Crags Estates to your Saves list
Red Crags Estates
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   302 El Paso Blvd., Manitou Springs, CO 80829   |
Special Offer
Getaway Packages!
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Awesome hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

It's a little out of the way and hard to find but our cab driver had a gps so it was really no problem. I can't say enough good about this bed & breakfast. My husband and I stayed in the Carriage House Room at Onaledge and had the best time. If you are looking for something fun and different, this is the place for you. It was very private and quiet. We even had the large jacuzzi all to ourselves. Couldn't have asked for a nicer Inn Keeper either. Lots of fun trails to walk right out the back door. Worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
redcrags, Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
We want your visit to be "worth every penny" so we definitely thank you for stating the same! Our Carriage House is very unique, not for all, but the privacy with quick access to the grounds is very appealing to many! Again, thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband and I visited Manitou Springs for the first time this May. It is a Lovely town, very fun and romantic. We found Onaledge B&B becaus I had done some previous research and it looked very inviting and romantic. I called and asked about availability and Mo was very friendly and welcoming. She showed us all the available rooms and we chose Onaledge, as it felt very private. It was very comfortable and quiet and we really enjoyed ourselves. We walked to dinner next door and it was delicious.

Mo's breakfast basket with her AWESOME breakfast muffins and boiled eggs were very welcome in the morning! We REALLY enjoyed our stay and look forward to visiting again someday! Highly recommend for a Romantic getaway!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Onaledge during a trip through Colorado. We happened upon it while walking through Manitou Springs and decided to check it out. The staff was very friendly and gave us a great rate. The rooms were all great but we chose the room that used to be the carriage house, which was very no frills but perfect for us, because it was a little more budget friendly and honestly we liked being secluded from the rest of the house. It had all stone walls which kept the room dark and cool. It felt like a romantic little cave. The bed was new and very cozy! The bathroom was small for my husband of 6'5'', but that is to be expected in a house of that age. The room even had a large flat screen tv and dvd player, so we were able to watch a movie before bed. The grounds were well kept, the jacquzzi out back was so relaxing, and the views were stunning. Overall, it was clean, cozy and unique.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
You have kindly stated the positives of the Carriage House, as well as indicating it may not be the best choice for tall individuals...yet you explained! Yes, this is an old home and guest rooms were designed around the historic architecture, maintaining the integrity of this historic estate. Thank you for your positive and informative feedback!
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I was so excited when I heard this is where my son and his future wife was going to spend their honeymoon night together. I wanted to surprise the couple by paing for the room which I called 3 weeks in advance and wanted to order the special packages as a surprise for them to be in the room that honeymoon night. The special package I purchased was:(1) Cheese/Fruit/Cracker Tray w/sprakling cider for $35.00 and (1) Bath Basket $45.00 I asked what the basket contained and was told bath crystals, soaps, bubble bath, loofahs and few more things which I was told was a good size basket that looked really nice. WOW! So I ordered them to be in the room. Traveled from Florida to Colorado Springs for the wedding and went to the Bed & Breakfast on the day of the wedding Dec 5 with my son to pickup the key. Got a tour of the Bed & Breakfast Inn and the room they would be in and was very impressed it is a beautiful place. Before I left I wanted to be reassured that the special packages I ordered as a surprise would be in the room when the couple got in the room that evening and was told yes and they would make them really nice for them. WELL.... come to find out the next day at the airport flying home and talked on the phone to my son and was told that no such packages was there! My son mentioned to the manager Bruce about the bath basket and was told they forgot...now before my son and his new wife left gave the couple a small basket that had not one thing in it that was told to me when I ordered the specials. Okay so I called and talked to Bruce and complained about being told what was in the basket and what they received after the couple asked about the basket and told Bruce they did not even get the Cheese tray that I ordered and paid for as well and of course it was not a pleasant conversation with Bruce. We did settle on at least receiving half of what I paid and he would send me a check for that amount. WELL as of today January 11 NO CHECK NO COMPENSATION AT ALLll!!!! HAVE I HEARD BACK FROM BRUCE NO AND I'M OUT THAT MONEY. I would have gone back for a vacation at the Bed and Breakfast but after being lied too NO not going to happen!

• Stayed December 2010
Unfortunate experience with staff that no longer serve Red Crags Estates. Our packages are very nice and this should have been a very pleasant surprise. We are very diligent in providing the room and services ordered/requested. This will not happen again. Humble apologies.
Waikoloa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Oh,

I miss all the Inn Keepers at the Rockledge and all its associate's homes. Thanks to Moses, colonel, Santa Klaus. Marcus thanks for all of your recommendations from the fried chicken to the bias son burgers and other restaurants suggestions. Lupe thanks for your friendliness and Kevin just for being yourself. Thanks for opening your home to the public! you guys are unforgettable and your hospitality as well. Sorry to Brett's breakfast on the last day, but I had to rush off to take care of existing health problem. The Lord willing, see you all in the Spring!

H&Mo, Boulder, USA

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Shiloh, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and taken on a quick tour of the main house to learn about the history of the estate, after that we were promptly shown our room in the Rockledge Country Inn and were given firewood for our woodstove. Some rooms have a fireplace, some have woodstoves and some just have regular vented heat. I recommend a stove/fireplace to add some romance to the air. The bed had a french feather topper on it and was extreamly comfortable. Rooms have a coffee pot in them so each morning you can sit on the outside deck and take in the breath-taking views. Breakfast was served at the main house and was delicious, freshly cooked each morning, not microwave crap. There was a hot tub at our house if you wanted some bubbles at night. Manitou night life was a mile down the road with lots to do from eating, shopping to even stopping for some beverages. There are also lots to do not far from the estate as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at the Red Crags over a weekend in late Oct. and have to say its a truly charming place. The house was very well maintained, as were the rooms. The views were priceless! Top that off with wild deer running around the property eating and playing, it was a wonderufl stay.

The CaraBell room is a very nice room for two people! Plenty of room with a nice home feeling. Check out the Red Crags, you will not be disappointed. Brett is as friendly as can be, as is Lupe who makes you feel like family. Thanks to both for a great stay. We hope to come back next year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
redcrags, General Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Such kind words, I am humbly grateful....Brett

Been to Red Crags Estates? Share your experiences!