“I'm sorry” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Wing Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Red Wing Motel
56 El Paso Blvd., Manitou Springs, CO 80829   |
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Manitou Springs
Iowa
“I'm sorry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I wrote great reviews on this place a few years ago (2008). The last time we stayed there it had slipped big-time. When Jennifer left it totally changed. Sad to see it go down the toilet so quickly.
I wonder if it is still open?

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Travelocity booked a room for me on 9/26, I arrived on 9/29 and found a sign on the door that they had closed for remodeling on 9/13/12. Best that Travelocity could do for me was assure me that they wouldn't charge me for the room I didn't get - and that was after 25 minutes of hold... Place looked like it needed a remodel, but no evidence of any work started yet. A few long term residents were still on site, and in the process of moving out by the end of the month. Looked like a lot of long term rentals.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The pictures on the website are very misleading. The lobby was cluttered with paper and old furniture. The room was dirty and smelled bad. Several of the rooms didn't even have door knobs.The pool was empty. We checked in and checked right back out again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here a few times in 2011 for one nighters as well as a week long stay. We primarily selected the property because it is pet friendly, there's a nice park right across the street, and it's in Manitou Springs. We love the location of the park for our dog walks. They even provide doggie bags along the way. There is also a small skate park that our teenage son used last year. This last stay was a different story. We checked in late and when we went to our room, it felt like a sauna. Perhaps, they just turned on the AC for our arrival. We cranked it up as much as possible. The room smelled of cat urine. The refrigerator didn’t do it’s job of refrigerating. The water pressure was awful that night and when my husband was in the shower, we lost power in our room. I called the front desk and they did promptly take care of that. The water pressure was better the next morning. There was some ruckus outside in the middle of the night which caused the police to show up the next day. Before we left, I went to sit on the bed, and one side of the bed collapsed. I then noticed our bed was propped up on phone books. We knew the hotel was older, but our previous stays had been fine. I think after this stay, we won’t be returning. In fact, we checked in to another hotel in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for about 3 hours until we overheard people talking about bed bugs. We went in the room and looked at the 50 year old mattress and saw bed bugs crawling everywhere. This place is a rip off! Poor management and nasty rooms...we ended up staying at the days inn around the corner which is a little more expensive, but well worth it.

Republic, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had reservations for a 10 day stay to visit family. The room was spacious, but had no soap, ran out of toilet paper in 2 days, went to office 2 different days to get some, was told that someone was 'out getting some now'. I finally bought my own. No maid service, requested a change of towels, never happened. Smoke alarm went off for no reason. I had brought my own power strip and extension cord, which was fortunate because there was one outlet, already in use by lamp and clock. I really wanted to like it there, but with the long term residents, who seemed more like homeless people than anything, I just couldn't. Parking was very limited.

Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

....because of the high ratings for this motel. Stayed 4 nights on a getaway trip with friends. Stayed in 2 different rooms, both in bad need of remodeling, especially the bathrooms. Carpets were stained; no shampoo; no maid service; had to ask for fresh towels; seedy characters actually LIVING there as though it was an apartment complex; guys wandering around with beer cans and smoking cigarettes; first night we were there, police were called to talk to an unruly tenant. Smoke from a resident in room below us wafted up into our room, and we had to turn up the air conditioning and open the bathroom window to get it blown out. We will never stay here again. One positive: staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Wing Motel? Share your experiences!