“Worst place I have ever ate at.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant
You added Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Manitou Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Worst place I have ever ate at.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

The service was almost nonexistant. For a table of 4 they gave us 2 rolls and the kids didn't get drinks. The food was awful. The best meal at our table was the kids corn dog. The steak had so much pepper on it that is was almost uneatable. The snitzel was so salty you had to have a glass of water for one bite. Definitely will not be going back.

• Stayed October 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manitou Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have been to a lot of hotel/ restaurants and this by far had the nicest atmosphere, friendliest staff, and great food that I have had in a long time. I personally stay in hotels, due to the nature of my business, about 42 weeks a year. I travel all over the country and stay in a lot of different places. I can't believe people would give this place a bad rating.. A lot of great acts have appeared at " The Castaways " over the years and there is a reason for it. It is a very nice place for a weekend getaway. Very quiet and a friendly town. I give this place a A++++ and an overall rating of 95 0/0. Good job Mike and Davey !!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here. Enjoy the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is our second time at this hotel and the people are as great as the first time we stayed here! The rooms are very nice and extreemly clean and the restaurant on site still as tasty as we remembered! We have so much fun with the Pirate atmosphere. If you do not have fun at this restaurant, it's probably your fault.
Service and food great! We love it here and will return again soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This restaurant was a little cheesy but in a good way. The staff was VERY friendly and the food was great. I had read some bad reviews but we went anyways and i am SO glad we did!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Idiots in pirate suits were waiters and they totally SUCKED! Ordered a steak for $35 and it was overcooked, asked for A1 steak sauce so I could at least add a little tang to the DRY steak , but idiot pirate waiter refused to give it to me.After That,I litteraly LEFT the restaraunt and went to the hotel lobby to check-in. Counter Person at the Rodeway Inn at Castaways was a gurk off! Refused to give me 2 room keys. FINALLY gave me 2 after30min. Then,when we went to our room and Thought it was nice until we went to bed. Beds were nice, but old refrigatror was noisy and kept me up ALL night! Went to the lobby and asked the clerk if we could go to another room, but they refused and said it wouldn't be any better in another room. LEFT and went to a CLEAN Days Inn across the street. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2010
Dryden, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband and I ate dinner at Castaways recently on a Saturday evening in July. Not many people in the place. We were tired and just wanted to walk next door since we also stayed at the Rodeway Inn. My Chicken Cesar Salad came in a huge bowl with a lot of chicken. Was excellent. My husband had ribs. He was pleased with his meal. The waitress recommended a Riesling wine that was not on the menu. It was excellent. Only problem was she did not know the make of the wine which means I can't purchase it again. Service was fast and pleasant.
Our portions were large and filling. The price came to a standard amount including the drinks. I would go there ago and stay at Rodeway Inn. We had no complaints at all. How can we have such a good meal and others did not? This is a cute place in a good location. This place could be a gold mine if EVERYONE had a great meal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thornton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

DO NOT STAY OR EAT HERE! Don’t let the ambiance fool you. If you go in you’ll notice very few customers if any. This should’ve been my first clue. The locals obviously don’t eat here for good reason. The food is absolutely disgusting and overpriced. The service is subpar. And the owner is a total slime ball, with a bad attitude, which has very shoddy/deceptive business practices. I held my wedding reception here and my father, who paid for it is absolutely furious and embarrassed by the food that was served to our guests. We wouldn’t even serve this stuff to our dogs. It took two hours for them to serve us. We asked the waitress for our drinks, she would nod and say okay but never wrote it down and then didn’t bring the drinks back and we had to ask again. The soda was served in red-plastic cups instead of glasses. I wanted one glass of wine and was told that I had to order an entire bottle or they wouldn’t serve it to me. I couldn’t even have a glass of wine at my own wedding reception. My grandmother asked for hot herbal tea and they told her they couldn’t do that. They severed rolls that were hard as a rock and obviously not baked on site. They didn’t even provide plates for the rolls. The dinnerware they did us on was old, chipped, faded and of poor quality. The salad was swimming in dressing. I sent mine back. We chose Mahi-Mahi with Mango Salsa and Pork “Medallions” as our entrees. The “mango-salsa” was not freshly prepared. It was obvious that it came straight out of a jar. I love mangoes and this did not taste like mango at all. The pork was not served with gravy or any other sauce. Both the fish and the pork chops were overcooked and dried out and chewy. The broccoli was cooked to death, it was mushy and inedible. The twice baked potatoes tasted like they’d been baked three or four times. They had no cheese, no chives, no sour cream, and no butter – not even salt. I don’t think they even mashed the filling with milk. It was almost like they baked the potatoes, scooped out the flesh and then just stuffed it back in. All the food in general had no flavor what-so-ever. I took one bite of each thing and pushed my plate away as did many of my guests. And only one person asked for a take home container. The majority of our guests left early in order to go get an edible meal somewhere else. And we ended up going to eat at a late night diner afterwards. Not only did we have the reception here my father also paid for several hotel rooms for wedding guests at the adjoined Rhodeway Inn owned by the same man. He refused to give any kind of discount and is now also refusing to return the deposit. In addition to this my Maid of Honor who stayed at the Inn overheard him talking about his hotel guests while he was picking up a few stray rocks from the landscaping; he said something to the effect of “people’s stupid (expletive) kids and their terrible (expletive) parents”. If he hates his customers so much he should probably get out of the hospitality industry. This man ruined the most important night of my life. Please do not let him do it to you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Silver Saddle Motel
Silver Saddle Motel
#7 of 13 in Manitou Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 208 reviews

Been to Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant? Share your experiences!