“Trip Adviser Recommended / Great /Thanks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free WiFi & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Manitou Springs
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Trip Adviser Recommended / Great /Thanks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here one night in July. We were here in the area for Antique shopping and some reminiscing of times past.

Clean, comfortable, and lots to do close by. We recommend staying here with nice area and reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and also, thank you for your nice review.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alamosa, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was traveling through Colorado Springs, north on I-25 and needed a place to stay at the end of Memorial Day weekend. I didn't feel like the congestion of CO Springs, so headed toward Manitou Springs - my AAA Tourbook mentioned The Eagle Motel, so that was my destination. I would visit the Manitou Cliff Dwellings the next morning. The motel is very visible on the Southside of 24W as you wind your way through Manitou Springs. The big American flag drew my attention and also the fact they're family owned; the 2nd generation is now involved in the business. I love that kind of story and folks that are proud of their business. I visited the Office, got my key, the young man discussed the TV remote - it was a little involved, something about the satellite dish. (Remotes and I don't get along.) I also asked him for directions to the Cliff Dwellings for the next morning; it was just up the hill. The room had 2 large beds, a table with an Information Book - the shower was small, and in the morning, I realized how small - I doubt that room is rented to anyone large - but the water was hot and plentiful. The shower is in one area; the sink in another. Not a big deal. I got ice from near the Office and settled in my room. I'd picked up dessert on the road, and made myself a cup of coffee (coffee maker in the room). Turned on the TV and sure enough, needed help finding my channel - the young man came to my room to help with that. NCIS was on, coffee and dessert, yum! I wrote some postcards and read some of the Info Book - only to discover, the original owner of the Motel is from PA - me, too! (So that led to another fun conversation in the Office the next morning!) After TV, it was approaching 10 PM, time for bed. The bed was large and comfortable. All was well, tho there was a little road noise, but not bad. Until........a party in the parking lot became evident, to the west of my room - it wasn't obvious with the TV on. Now it was loud and getting louder. Then I remembered some guys in the parking lot when I arrived - coolers, lawn chairs - I'd hardly noticed them. Their party was now in full swing. I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. I thought of calling the Office, but decided to see how long it went on. At 11:15 it was suddenly quiet - yea! In the morning, I went to the Office for the promised breakfast treats and fresh coffee. Very nice. He'd already heard from many about the folks having the party. I felt sorry for him. Some weren't that put out as 11:15 wasn't that late. I wasn't happy with the party, and cannot leave it out of the review. But I don't consider it the owners' fault. I have noticed negative reviews of the motel - except for the noisy group, my stay at The Eagle was fine. Frankly, I travel a lot - and I think this place does a good job. I felt safe there. It's older, but well maintained and clean. They were friendly and willing to help me with things I needed. Maybe my expectations are not as high as some. As I was loading my car, I had a conversation with the folks in the room next to mine. They were from out of state, had been there for 3 nights. Until the final night, all had been fine. They said they'd stay there again, without a problem. So there you have it - I figure things are usually fine there, the party folks shouldn't reflect badly on the motel in general. I, too, would stay again as it fit my budget and was near the Dwellings and other things in Manitou.

Room Tip: My room, ground floor, near the stairs to upstairs - shower small, not big enough for a larger perso...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We hope that, in the future, you will stay again at the Eagle Motel.
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't normally write reviews, but I wanted to for this one because I strongly suspect some of the raves reviews here were written by the motel owners or their friends. Its not far from downtown, but there are lots of places closer. The walls are paper thin. If you need anything at night, forget it - call the office and you'll get an answering machine. The continental breakfast is small, rubbery bagels, some stale packaged donuts, and terrible coffee (no decaf if you need it). You put it on a tray and take it back to your room because there's nowhere to sit. There's no bathtub (most people won't care, but in case you do). The owner seems nice, but his son doesn't seem to like guests very much. Most of these problems are fixable, so I wouldn't write this place off if the price is reasonable (ours seemed high). Wasn't awful, but definitely not the "best kept secret in Manitou".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am sorry your stay with us was was not to your liking. As far as calling the office after 10pm until 7am you are right you do get an answere machine but if there is something important that you need (like left your key in room and can not get in) my personal number is on the message board on the office glass door. As far as continental breakfast we exceed what the definition is in Webesters Dictionary. You are entitled to your opinion. So the next time your in Manitou come back and stay at our family owned and operated motel.
Altoona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We will definitely return to this motel. The room was comfortable (not cramped) and exceptionally clean. Everything was in good working order. The motel is older, but well maintained. The owner was very nice. The location was ideal. We had a very good stay here and would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
It was a pleasure having you stay at the Eagle Motel, and for the kind words. We hope to see you again, good Lord willing.
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thanks to owner/manager Bill of the Eagle Motel in Manitou Springs, Co. Nice affordable motel. Good beds, clean rooms and hot showers. Short walk to old town for shopping, eating or just seeing the sites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
It was nice having you stay at the Eagle Motel, and also reading of your review. Thank you.
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here 1 night and it definitely served its purpose. Short walk to manitou springs city center. Beds were comfortable and the shower was phenomenal . We didn't get to experience much of the immediate surroundings, but what we did was pleasant .
I would recommend especially if on a budget

• Stayed July 2013
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we're also glad that you chose us. Thank you very much.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a great locally owned budget motel, we have stayed here before, so….we’re hip to this place and We Like It!!!
We stay at the Eagle Motel because: #1 this place has the most powerful showers I’ve ever been in coast 2 coast!
Last year I reviewed the Eagle Motel and stated “the Showers could strip paint” I’m standing by that statement! However there’s more, our room while small was very clean and nice with new carpet and parking right outside the door, motel ownership is close by and always available and caring.

If you only stay in one budget motel in the area, make sure The Eagle is the motel you stay in, I know, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bill423, Owner at Eagle Motel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Your review is very valuable to us, and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our family thanks you.

Been to Eagle Motel? Share your experiences!