“Very expensive for the proportions!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Manitou Ave / Canon Ave
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Very expensive for the proportions!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I visited this restaurant with seven other ladies this past Sunday for lunch. Our waitress was wonderful, but the proportions were very small. When the waitress sat the cheese fondue pots down, I had to rise up in my chair to see the two inches of cheese in the large pots. The seafood platter had one lobster tail, one 2"x1" piece of tuna, 1/2 scallop, two large shrimp, and one 2"x1" piece of salmon. It costs $22.00 and you cook it yourself. We spent $240.00 with appetizers, 2 cheese fondue pots, 2 chocolate fondue pots, seafood, house wine, tax and tip and I walked away hungry. Don't go here if you are not prepared to spend a lot of money, even for lunch. The food is excellent, but not near enough for the price.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Monument, CO
“Been a few times and will go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

It is pricey but a good Fondue place. The times the wife & I have been it has been pretty empty. Which is nice. It is fancy but like most of Colorado another couple were just in tourist type clothes (shorts, t-shirts, flip flops)...I would dress a little nicer then them but that shows you they don't care an our attire.

We were asked if we were there for a special occasion...I got to assume most their customers only go for anniversaries and such things as they were surprised when I said "no we just figured we eat out today, just another day".

Each time service was great. I think last time for two of us with no wine it was around $120-$140.

One time we got there early and tried the wine cellar, down there you can order a cheese and meat platter. The waitress told us to only order the half size due to us eating in a bit upstairs. We were glade we did as it was huge. It is nice atmosphere down there and great service. So if you want a snack and try wine its a good place to go, I believe they are opened for lunch in the cellar.

Denver, Colorado
“Romantic. Helpful friendly wait staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We decided to skip the "Fondue for Two" four course meal, and instead decided to share a cheese fondue (the Greek Isle), and a meat fondue (the Traditional). The food was great (my favorite was the cheese fondue), and it was fun... an interactive eating experience.

The atmosphere isn't fancy... it's simply decorated but dark and romantic... lots of candles and white christmas lights. We got a very quiet, private table for two which was so perfect.

A little pricey, but worth it for a romantic night out (we went for our anniversary).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

This is a small quiet restaurant that specializes in fondue. I have eaten here on several visits to Manitou Springs and I have never been disappointed. The restaurant itself is charming. The waitstaff is friendly and efficient. But most importantly. the food is excellent. Just make sure that you leave room for one of their delicious fondue desserts.

Aspen, Colorado
“Not what it used to be! Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We have been enjoying the Mona Lisa for approximately 15 years and have loved it. However, things have changed tremendously in the past few years. We went last night and my husband and I were both disappointed. The tab was $70 and we only got cheese and chocolate, no wine and we left not even feeling full. We got two different kinds of cheese fondue for $20 per pot!!! The portions are downright minuscule. Seriously?? In fact it is shocking to see how little cheese and chocolate there is in the pot. The dark chocolate fondue was very oily in the pot and kept separating. YUCK! The white chocolate tasted like wax. It was horrible. The dippers for the chocolate was disappointing. They have taken away their macaroons, caramels, nuts and have left others that we didn't even touch. My personal opinion is that when the melting pot came to town, the mona lisa just couldn't compete and they lost a lot of their clientèle. Lower your prices, increase the amount of food and maybe the Melting Pot will be the place it once was. Until they change, we probably won't be back and that's sad because it holds alot of memories for us in years past.

• 2 of 5 stars Food