“Relocated!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Relocated!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Now at the old Manitou Pancake & Steak House location. We decided on Manitou Pancake & Steak House for breakfast one morning on June 17, 2014 and went to that location. We found that the name changed to Adam's Mountain Cafe. In trying it, it is definitely not a place we would have selected to eat at. "Adam's" has all-organic, all-natural recipes. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but we were there for breakfast. The atmosphere was very relaxing and we found it to be nice. Their recipes have an interesting twist. I had the orange almond french toast, and it had a cinnamon-citrus batter. Good, but not necessarily what I had wanted. I had wanted a side of bacon, but their menu did not offer any beef or pork products. And I had to order my eggs on the side. My husband ordered the P.W. Busboy Special. The fruit on the plate was arranged beautifully and he thought his food was more than adequate. However, we were both in the mood for a soda, but they do not carry Pepsi or Coca-cola, only Blue Sky products. I opted for a latte and it was delicious! My husband opted for the "Outrageous Ginger Ale" and did not particularly like it. Not our style of food, so we won't be going back. But the service was great, so those of you interested in an all-natural, organic meal, I think you would like this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Organic and wonderful food. Different and unique dishes. Service was really good and we loved the ambiance.

Visited October 2013
“Weird”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We are healthy eaters but this menu was too odd for our family. Everything was over spiced, even the tea. The bread wasn't even normal. That said, we respect the green effort and the unisex bathroom.

Visited June 2014
“Their Slow Food Manifesto is only the beginning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm impressed by their Slow Food Manifesto (check their website for a full explanation). It takes time to prepare great food, so relax and enjoy your table companions, which is what my wife and I did. My wife's Senegalese Vegetables with tofu was superbly seasoned as was my Brazilian Style Barramundi. It was a wonderful evening of food and conversation with wonderful food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines
“Fresh homemade food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The food is fresh, homemade, and uses local and organic ingredients when possible. I had the nachos and the corn chips were delightful with a great seasoning. My husband had the fish tacos which had a spicy kick to them. He also had the iced sweet tea which had cinnamon and orange in it. I would eat here again.

Visited June 2014