“THE BEST!!!! EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Description: One of the top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S.* Historic Victorian Manor Home at base of Pikes Peak built by Dr. William Bell, Vice President of the Denver Rio Grande Railroad. Open for A la Carte dinners with Private dining rooms and ballroom available for wedding receptions, banquets and all types of parties, social and business events. (*Rated by Open table diners)
Crestone, Colorado
“THE BEST!!!! EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We experienced flavors never before tasted - it was the best dining experience ever - amazing architecture - excellent service - and divine food. Would go there again.... and again...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Hospitality sorely lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently hosted a surprise dinner party for my husband at The Briarhurst Manor. We live overseas, so we hadn't been to this restaurant before. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. When we arrived, there was no one to greet us at the door upon our arrival. We wandered around the hallway, trying to find the room with our party. My husband's steak was mediocre. My meal (chicken) was delicious, and our guests who had the trout loved it too. Being accustomed to European hospitality when we eat out, it was a shock when we received the "bum's rush" at about 9:45 PM: the manager of the restaurant came into our room and announced that the staff is ready to go home (so please leave, and don't let the door hit you on your way out!). Is this what American fine dining has become? Or maybe Colorado just hasn't yet learned what it can be.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Something to keep in mind”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went to the Briarhurst for a wedding and although the place is very nice and the food was great, I have to share a couple of things that really rubbed me the wrong way!
First, the bartender lady! Oh my goodness, she had the worst attitude I have ever seen in a bartender and I find that extremely unacceptable!
When we arrived, I noticed it was taking a while to get the bar set up by the bartender. I am not sure if that was because the staff was running late or because there was a certain time the bar was supposed to open. Either way, my expectation is that if the wedding is to start at a certain time, the bar should be ready by then. People started lining up at the bar to get a drink. They were not just in a line, but all around the bar. The bartender lady, in a very mean tone said “The line is over there” . Most folks looked at each other with a “what is her problem-look”. She was really short and brief with folks, no smile…just plain ole’ RUDE! When it was my turn to get a drink, I asked what kind of beer was available, to which she answered, in again a RUDE tone “look above your head”. Really? So I did and saw a case with beer bottles in there. When I chose a beer I was interested in, she said ‘we don’t have it, pick something else”. OMG! I couldn’t believe it and I made sure that the mother of the bride was aware of this unacceptable behavior. As the night went on, the bartender lightened up some. Although she might have had a bad day, that kind of behavior is unacceptable at a place like the Briarhurst and unacceptable from a bartender! If you are a bartender, your job is to be nice, especially at a wedding. If you can’t handle that, get a different job!
Next issue that ticked me off! My husband is a computer engineer and needed a quiet space for 1 hour to do some things for work. He found a room upstairs, above the wedding room that we were in. All he needed is a quiet place to sit with his computer so that he could install some software. There wasn’t anyone in there and the room wasn’t being used for anything. The owner, also in a rude tone, said ‘what are you doing here’? Not excuse me, not anything, just bluntly asked. My husband explained the situation and the owner said ‘you need to leave’. So my husband did, and finished his work from our car in the parking lot. Was that really necessary? No one was using that room and it was only going to take a little bit of time.
Needless to say, I will never have an event at the Briarhurst Manor and have been telling all my friends about what happened. I thought most of them would be surprised by this rude behavior, but have heard other similar stories from them. Really didn’t expect such a fancy place to have such rude and unaccommodating staff. Unfortunately, prior to the wedding we bought a groupon for a meal at the restaurant that we have to use. Although I am not looking forward to returning to this place, I hope the staff in the restaurant is much nicer. We will see and I will be back to report!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We purchased an Amazon coupon ($40 of food and drink for $20) which was perfect for us. We had never been there and thought that it would be a good opportunity to "check it out". Even though we had a $40 credit it would not have gone very far if we wanted to have a large meal. The prices are VERY high. We ordered a glass of wine each and a couple of appetizers. Excellent food and reasonable price on the wine. We still paid more than our credit. Hannah our server was excellent. My only complaint was that the lighting was WAY too bright. More candles and less electric please!

Visited November 2012
“Special occasion treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been here for special occasions and always enjoy our meal. It has a great atmosphere and they can handle couples or large groups.

Visited December 2011