We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!! They asked if we needed directions to any of the local attractions which is something I almost never get asked.
The room we had was fabulous! Even though it is an old mansion, the room had plenty of modern technologies with a large flat screen tv, gas fire place and jacuzzi bath tub. The room had a very cozy feel to it with these amenities and the wonderful bed. The air conditioner was very quiet and you didn't hear the typical "THUNK" when it turned on. It was very quiet and we did not hear any of our neighbors during our entire stay.
Another great thing about the hotel is that it is located close to downtown, but not too close. This made walking through Manitou a very easy and fun experience.
We also ate dinner at the restaurant and it was excellent!! We had seafood and steak and both were cooked perfectly. The lobster bisque was also incredible! The service was excellent as we didn't feel rushed nor did we have to wait. The meals were also reasonably priced for what you received.
Overall, we would recommend staying here if you want a clean, comfortable, cozy room with a wonderful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs