An intimate long weekend for two was the goal for Manitou Springs. The Cliff House home page attracted my attention with its historical registration, room descriptions and photos and location, location, location, at the base of Pikes Peak . The hotel personnel are wonderful, gracious and pleasant and more than willing accomodate your needs. The hotel property is historic but the structure has been remodeled over the years. Our room was a junior suite with a whirlpool tub and gas fireplace. The room was very small and the furnishings very nice. The robe and chocolate are extra bonuses. Using the tub in this particular room was a challenge for this 6 footer. The sloping ceiling and my head made contact several times. An added amenity, my first experience with such, was the heated toilet seat. Hmmm, that was nice and warm. Valet parking and attention to detail made our stay very enjoyable. Walking through town decorated for the holidays with snow falling lent an air of tranquility to the entire weekend. A very nice experience. $$$$Costly but unique.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.