“great motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dillon Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Dillon Motel
You added Dillon Motel to your Saves list
134 Manitou Avenue, Manitou Springs, CO   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Whiting, New Jersey
“great motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed, my wife and I stayed in a newer room and the beds were very comfortable. The owner George was outstanding He even taught my wife how to have a cookie taken out of her mouth by a deer, Thank you george for a wonderfull stay

Room Tip: stay in the newer addition for more room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay and the deer, they visit from time to time.
We try and make everyone feel welcome and at home.

Thank you.
George James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ridgway, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Dillon Motel. We were on business and looking for a bargain. The price is very low -- but as is generally the case you get what you pay for. There are a few newer units from the looks of things and perhaps the good reviews are about those units. The one we stayed in was quite old .. pretty sure the mattresses are at least 20 years old as well as the bathroom shower stall, etc.

The people are very nice .. it seems to be in a safe spot. The pool looked very clean and well cared for in spite of it's age. I would give it the highest reviews for the hospitality .. but really feel some new bedding is in order. There was no internet access from inside of our room or from the room next to us .. you had to sit outside to access it, so if that is important to you -- check to see if any of the units can acquire the signal from indoors.

Room Tip: Try a new unit
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your stay. Our mattresses were changed in the past 7 years, some are firm and some are med-firm. Our motel was opened in 1947 by my grandparents and we try to preserve a little history, as many of our wonderful guests return year after year because of that fact. We try very hard to make our guest feel welcome and at home.
I am a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and maintain the operation of our pool. If something is broke, we fix it.
Our morning Cowboy coffee is pretty good too!

Thank you again for your stay.
Owners
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Have been a guest at the Dillon Motel since the early '80's pretty much every summer. George and Joanne have watched both kids grow up and now they are watching my grandkids. It is a safe, inexpensive and family friendly motel with the added bonus of the nightly feeding of the deer that stop by. It is centrallly located to both Colorado City and Downtown Manitou Springs with fresh brewed coffee made available in the mornings.
They have a combination of old rooms and new rooms available. We stayed as a family in the older section as well as the new and I love the charm of sitting outside my room visiting with guests and the hosts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
You have been coming many years with your family and we’ve always enjoyed having you. We share a lot of good memories and fun.

Thank you so much for the good times!!
George and Joanne
Elko, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are tired of the same old thing time and again, I suggest you stay right here. These adorable little bungalows are fantastic for singles, groups of friends, couples and families. The customer service was outstanding! The owners were fantastic during check in, very understanding and accommodating in working with me on extending my stay another night. I was there during fourth of July weekend and the surround areas were packed with people, however, this hotel was so quiet and peaceful one could easily get lost in the tranquil atmosphere. This smaller hotel was just the ticket for some rest and relaxation!!

The rooms are older but very clean and the pool was fantastic. The cute adobe exterior added a quaint ambiance to the overall feel of the premises. If you are looking for a change of pace and a new adventure in your travels, I highly recommend making this your place to stay. Centrally located no matter whether you are wanting to spend the day on Pike's Peak, a hike in the Garden of the Gods, or shopping in the old downtown district, this is the place is it! Not too far from Fort Carson either if you are visiting a family member like I was. Isn't it about time to step out of the comfort zone and experience a new adventure?

I highly recommend staying here. Cleanliness, peace and customer service far outweigh having multiple flat screen televisions or fancy gadgets in a room. After my extensive travels across the country over the years, I no longer find it appealing to stay in the cookie cutter hotels. I'm ready to add to my travels and experience adventures of enjoying quaint, off the beaten path places to stay. This is one of those places I will be staying in again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to
please our guests. Our motel was built by my grandparents in 1947
and we try and preserve a little history. It’s our pleasure to make everyone
feel at home.
Thank you very much.
Owners
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Staying at the Dillon brings back memories of traveling as a child when a lot of motels were family owned and operated. The motel is in a great location in Manitou. We stayed in a newer section, and the room was quite large and very clean. George, the owner, is a great reference for nearby food and activities. I enjoyed morning coffee with George and learned a lot about the history of the area. If you want a clean nice place to stay in Manitou then stay with George and his wife at the Dillon. Thank You George

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your stay. We enjoyed having you.
Newton, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This kind of place is what Manitou Springs is all about. Nice family run older motel. If you are wanting the ritz this is not it. But if you want a nice clean room, big pool and a friendly greeting then the Dillon Motel is the place. It was sold out every night we stayed that should tell you something. We stayed July 12th & 13th in unit 5 - Remember it is a older Motel but clean and a great place to lay your head

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you I am happy you enjoy your stay.
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Dillon mid May. We decided that since we would be sight-seeing and visiting with family that we would not be extravagant with our hotel expenses. I was skepical when we reserved our room. I was plesantly surprised though when we arrived and the rooms were clean and comfy. The best part came though getting up in the morning and chatting with George and watching the deer in the parking lot. It was wonderful, I would most assuredly stay here again and highly recommend it if you are looking for a comfy place to rest your head and a hot cup of coffee and good conversation to start your day....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try hard to make you fell at home

Been to Dillon Motel? Share your experiences!