“Awesome middle eastern cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Awesome middle eastern cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best middle eastern food I have had in the US. A great find for lunch while on vacation. Fallafel was light and delicious...LOVED IT WAS HEART SHAPED. Kabobs, kufta, hummus, pita bread ... all fantastic. I am more critical than most as my husband cooks the best middle eastern food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ferndale, Michigan
“The perfect dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place doesn't look like much, but it is sure worth it for the food. The food tastes amazing and is very reasonable. Also the service is great. Go here is visiting Manitou.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NWUSA
“Mideast meets West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Heart of Jerusalem was NOT something I was expecting in little Manitou Springs. Great Turkish coffee and shwarma and fabulous baklava? Whodathunkit?

I've had the joy of eating this sort of food from Jerusalem to San Francisco. The Heart of Jerusalem handles itself well. Now, understand that the H o J is a typical neighborhood kind of place. It's not fancy; you won't be served on fine china. Think deli, not gourmet, and you're in the ballpark. You can sit inside or out (and how great is that on a nice day in the mountains!) and the servers are quick, friendly, and helpful.

When you get down to dessert (or maybe that's all you want in the afternoon) you'll find the coffee appropriately thick, dark, and sugary, and the baklava sticky and nutty and sweet without being the honey-laden mess lesser places might serve. If I lived in Manitou Springs I'd probably gain a few pounds. Since I don't, I'll plan to pack 'em on when I'm there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
mississippi
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Being from the South, we wanted to try some different cuisine that we don't have and this restaurant fit the bill. After reading reviews, we decided to try this place. First of all, all the staff was wonderful and very attentive. This is a very casual place and you see local people picking up take out constantly. We tried several different appetizers and they were okay (mainly I say that because we just aren't use to this type food). We especially liked the one that is stuffed grapevine leaf (sorry cant remember) but I think that will help u find it. However, our main entrees were very good. My husband ordered the lamb and I the beef. Enjoyed it tremendously. I can't say it was my favorite food ever, but it's worth a try if you want to try something different. They did have a kids menu. They even gave us some type of dessert to try for free.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Best ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were in Manitou Springs for 2 nights & 1 full day.. discovered this place and tried it out for dinner..... loved it so much that we returned for lunch the next day. Excellent Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food for a very fair price... in fact, some of the best we'd ever eaten. If you need fancy, this is not but the food is delicious....

Visited June 2013