“great value and great hosts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A&A Mesa Verde RV Park-Campground-Cabins

A&A Mesa Verde  RV Park-Campground-Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mancos
A&A Mesa Verde RV Park-Campground-Cabins
You added A&A Mesa Verde RV Park-Campground-Cabins to your Saves list
34979 US Highway 160, Mancos, CO 81328   |
grants pass, oregon
“great value and great hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We rented a cabin for one night on a road trio to mesa verde and several other locations. The hostswere wonderful and accomodating of our very lage arrival. He made sure we were safely settled in (a group aof 3 women travellers) before leaving us for the night. Fresh coffee in the morning. There is a small shop that has some souvenirs and locally made jewelrty along with a small selection of necessary camp/rv items. The hosts had lots of information about mesa verde and the surrounding area. Facilities were very clean and park looked very well maintained.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Overgaard, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in the RV park in May when it was not crowded at all. This park has spectacular views of the Mesa Verde mountains. We have a Motorhome with tow vehicle. The owners were nice enough to let us back into a spot in the pine trees instead of parking with all the other motorhomes. We loved this park which was like a farm with a barn and horses. Very friendly owners. The park is spacious with lots of RV/trailer spots, tent spots, nice restrooms and laundry machine and dryer. The park is right across the highway from Mesa Verde, which is easy access. We stayed 2 nights and would definitely go back again. There is a playground if you have kids, pool/spa, mini-golf, small cabin rentals, and lots of walking areas for dogs. The RV spot was plenty big for us and we had plenty of room for our dog fencing and privacy among the trees. Internet service was accessible in the rec room. Again, a beautiful park, conveniently located and worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The owners are friendly and helpful. They have three horses in the neighborhood which makes it feel like the country. We love that Mesa Verde's entrance is right across the highway. Just go to the bridge and you're in paradise. We visited the park almost everyday. But if you want to go to Cortez for shopping, it's handy too. The sites at the campground are spacious and the area is nice and quite even though the road is close. Everything is neat and clean. They have a pool for those of an aquatice bent. We would come here again. Visit your National Monument and stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this rv.park which is located right outside mesa Verde national park. It is a lovely rv park and we enjoyed our stay here. The woman at the office was pleasant and informative.and the campsite was clean and well maintained. There was a nice clean pool,laundry services and beautiful horses to pet.

• Stayed September 2012
Sterling, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We pulled into the campground very late and they had left our reservation information for us. It had been raining all during that day and they offered us an optional covered tent site. We took them up on the suggestion. Glad we did. They were very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. Right at the entry to Mesa Verde National Park. Full service campground; showers, laundry, game room, swimming pool, hot tub, and playgrounds. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We (a family of 4 with an RV) stayed here for 2 nights and can highly recommend this campground. I gave 5 stars for this campground because of it's setting (in the countryside, very near to Mesa Verde NP), the friendly owners (they brought us a grill and our friends an electric light, and we didn't even have to ask for it, they were just attentive), the clean bathroom and rest rooms (really, really clean), the pool (it is heated, which was very nice in the evening, and we just couldn't get our kids away from it). What else? The campground is well kept, well managed, and not at all noisy, even being near highway 160. Oh yes, and it has a mini golf course, which our kids also enjoyed very much!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chula Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the worst lodging experience we've ever had and we'd give it ZERO stars if we could. I am reviewing our experience when we'd planned to stay in one of their one-room cabins.

We were on a 2-week cross-country road trip and we also stayed at 3 other campgrounds in very similar cabins but this place was a horrible experience.

We found this place online. The picture of the interior of the cabin shows 4 beds (one double with twin bunk above and then a 3-twin bunk). I am pretty sure I called ahead and asked specifically for 4 beds because I am so tall that my wife and I can't share a double. When we arrived, the cabin with 4 beds was booked and ours only had 3 beds (twin bunks and a double). NOTE: Admittedly, this could have been a misunderstanding on my part.

When we walked in the cabin, it was VERY old/worn/rustic compared to other campground cabins we experienced. The mattresses were very old camp=style mattresses. When we tested out the double mattress, we could feel through to the plywood underneath and the springs in between.

There were multiple bugs (flies I think) dead on each bed. There was a good-sized dead roach or beetle in the otherwise empty trash can.

We had checked-in after the office was closed... so because of all the reasons above, I decided to call the after hours number to see what could be done or to get a refund so that we could move on to a hotel in Cortez.

My ensuing interactions with the staff were the most unpleasant part of this whole debacle. Here I am calling the staff of a campground... the hospitality industry... and it might have been the worst customer service I've ever received. Usually if you express disappointment or concern, businesses was to help make this right or they at least express some understanding/apology/sympathy. NOT in this case. The woman on the phone was almost immediately defensive and combative, saying I'd seen the pictures and should have known what to expect. I DID know what to expect in terms of cabin size... but I don't feel bad for having expectations of enough beds for my family, decently comfortable mattresses, and no bugs. The bottom line is this... on the phone with one staff person and a few minutes later with another in person (who was gruff and used foul language), there was almost nothing done to allay my concerns, no apology for the bugs and poor conditions, no help us make suitable arrangements, etc.

Finally, the worst part was I'd paid the whole cost of 2 nights up front... Don't worry, I won't do that again. After this adversarial interaction, you might think I could at least get a refund... even a partial one. NOPE. I was repeatedly and emphatically told there was no way I'd get a refund. Should I understand because I was canceling last minute and costing them the opportunity to rent the cabin? Well, let's see... Oh, that's right... 2 of their 4 cabins (soon to be 3 out of 4) were unoccupied that night... so we certainly weren't causing them to turn customers away. Had I been given a refund (even a partial one), it would have been easier just to forget it and move on. Instead, this forgettable experience was compounded by losing the cost of two nights rental... OUCH.

In case you are wondering, we left. We went in to Cortez and got a great rate on a 3-star hotel... so for only $20 more per night, we enjoyed a great hotel. We suggest that you drive right past A & A and do the same.

My last interaction with the staff was on the phone the following morning (my last effort to politely request a refund of some kind). I was quickly told yet again there would be no refund. I said that I was surprised that is the type of experience they wanted us to have and then just before I began to once more list the reasons I feel their cabins fall short, she hung up on me. The end. Wow.

Room Tip: Drive on past.