“Nice family operated campground. We would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A&A Mesa Verde RV Park-Campground-Cabins

A&A Mesa Verde  RV Park-Campground-Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mancos
A&A Mesa Verde RV Park-Campground-Cabins
34979 US Highway 160, Mancos, CO 81328   |
Sterling, Colorado
“Nice family operated campground. We would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We pulled into the campground very late and they had left our reservation information for us. It had been raining all during that day and they offered us an optional covered tent site. We took them up on the suggestion. Glad we did. They were very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. Right at the entry to Mesa Verde National Park. Full service campground; showers, laundry, game room, swimming pool, hot tub, and playgrounds. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We (a family of 4 with an RV) stayed here for 2 nights and can highly recommend this campground. I gave 5 stars for this campground because of it's setting (in the countryside, very near to Mesa Verde NP), the friendly owners (they brought us a grill and our friends an electric light, and we didn't even have to ask for it, they were just attentive), the clean bathroom and rest rooms (really, really clean), the pool (it is heated, which was very nice in the evening, and we just couldn't get our kids away from it). What else? The campground is well kept, well managed, and not at all noisy, even being near highway 160. Oh yes, and it has a mini golf course, which our kids also enjoyed very much!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chula Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the worst lodging experience we've ever had and we'd give it ZERO stars if we could. I am reviewing our experience when we'd planned to stay in one of their one-room cabins.

We were on a 2-week cross-country road trip and we also stayed at 3 other campgrounds in very similar cabins but this place was a horrible experience.

We found this place online. The picture of the interior of the cabin shows 4 beds (one double with twin bunk above and then a 3-twin bunk). I am pretty sure I called ahead and asked specifically for 4 beds because I am so tall that my wife and I can't share a double. When we arrived, the cabin with 4 beds was booked and ours only had 3 beds (twin bunks and a double). NOTE: Admittedly, this could have been a misunderstanding on my part.

When we walked in the cabin, it was VERY old/worn/rustic compared to other campground cabins we experienced. The mattresses were very old camp=style mattresses. When we tested out the double mattress, we could feel through to the plywood underneath and the springs in between.

There were multiple bugs (flies I think) dead on each bed. There was a good-sized dead roach or beetle in the otherwise empty trash can.

We had checked-in after the office was closed... so because of all the reasons above, I decided to call the after hours number to see what could be done or to get a refund so that we could move on to a hotel in Cortez.

My ensuing interactions with the staff were the most unpleasant part of this whole debacle. Here I am calling the staff of a campground... the hospitality industry... and it might have been the worst customer service I've ever received. Usually if you express disappointment or concern, businesses was to help make this right or they at least express some understanding/apology/sympathy. NOT in this case. The woman on the phone was almost immediately defensive and combative, saying I'd seen the pictures and should have known what to expect. I DID know what to expect in terms of cabin size... but I don't feel bad for having expectations of enough beds for my family, decently comfortable mattresses, and no bugs. The bottom line is this... on the phone with one staff person and a few minutes later with another in person (who was gruff and used foul language), there was almost nothing done to allay my concerns, no apology for the bugs and poor conditions, no help us make suitable arrangements, etc.

Finally, the worst part was I'd paid the whole cost of 2 nights up front... Don't worry, I won't do that again. After this adversarial interaction, you might think I could at least get a refund... even a partial one. NOPE. I was repeatedly and emphatically told there was no way I'd get a refund. Should I understand because I was canceling last minute and costing them the opportunity to rent the cabin? Well, let's see... Oh, that's right... 2 of their 4 cabins (soon to be 3 out of 4) were unoccupied that night... so we certainly weren't causing them to turn customers away. Had I been given a refund (even a partial one), it would have been easier just to forget it and move on. Instead, this forgettable experience was compounded by losing the cost of two nights rental... OUCH.

In case you are wondering, we left. We went in to Cortez and got a great rate on a 3-star hotel... so for only $20 more per night, we enjoyed a great hotel. We suggest that you drive right past A & A and do the same.

My last interaction with the staff was on the phone the following morning (my last effort to politely request a refund of some kind). I was quickly told yet again there would be no refund. I said that I was surprised that is the type of experience they wanted us to have and then just before I began to once more list the reasons I feel their cabins fall short, she hung up on me. The end. Wow.

Room Tip: Drive on past.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This campground is right outside the entrance to Mesa Verde, so we were able to get up each morning and drive right into the park, so that is a plus. Also, the bathrooms were clean and there is a nice mini golf course, and the people working there were very nice and generous- they let us store our cooler ice in their ice cream freezer overnight to freeze them again, and they brought down a charcoal grill to us because there was a fire ban. However, we stayed in a cabin and it had a linoleum floor and kitschy decorations. Also, we went swimming the first night, and the pool was so dirty I didn't get in it, and the hot tub was lukewarm and had bugs floating in it. I will say though, that the second day we were there, the pool was cleaned so when we took the kids to go swimmimg, it looked much nicer and the water was clean. So, there are pros and cons to staying here, but if you want to camp right outside Mesa Verde, and want other things to do, such as mini golf and a pool (when it's clean), this is a place to consider.

Room Tip: The cabins are on gravel and out in the open with no shade
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Yah the place worked for the nights we needed as we were visiting MesaVerde, but it was just gravel & weeds with a few cedar trees. Wish I had read the other poor review as my experienced duplicated theirs. The management used foul language with us every time we saw him. Apparently he doesn't like his job or working with people. The small hot tub didn't work & when asked about it he swore at the damn people who can't leave it alone. I had a miniture poodle that stayed with me at all times except the last morning I took a shower. She was put in the car,but my grandson let her out. She went looking for me. He swore at me told me I wasn't following the rules. I was very happy to leave. To bad I had to pay 50$ for such a bad experience

• Stayed July 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

Beautiful setting and nicely managed RV park. This is country living, not a cookie cutter and boring cement and asphalt RV park. We had fun feeding carrots and apples to the horses located on the property. I would give it a 9 out of 10, only because I don't like the OUTSIDE laundry. My only suggestion to the wonderful owners here would be to designate one area of the park as a pet area, instead of the entire park being the ever popular "pet friendly" park.

• Stayed June 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We had a wonderful site among the trees; not all sites are as most Class A sites are in the open. Very accommodating hosts. EASY access to Mesa Verde. Very relaxing time and would absolutely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to A&A Mesa Verde RV Park-Campground-Cabins? Share your experiences!