“If there service was as good as their food it would be a 5. Allow at least an hour to eat there service is slow!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Absolute Bakery & Cafe

Absolute Bakery & Cafe
110 S. Main St., Mancos, CO
970-533-1200
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Mancos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Lincoln, Ne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went here the first day around 9 am and they were really busy. I asked what the wait was and they said I was first so we waited 20 minutes for a table. (while we were waiting another couple just walked up and took an open table so I suggest just seating yourself and telling the wait staff you are there.) They our we ordered right away and had to wait over 30 minutes with nobody checking on us. I walked up to the counter to check and see if they forgot about us and they said we were next. It would have been nice if someone had at least checked on us once. The food was delicious (the stack and ham and cheese omelet) but we had to eat it very quickly so we could make it to our tour at Mesa Verde on time. The waitress we had seemed to be moody and almost seemed annoyed we had to ask about our food. The second day we went there a little after 7 and they were not as busy. We just seated ourselves and Mel took our order. I am pretty sure they remembered us from the day before because nobody was really nice to us. We still had to wait at least 20 minutes or more for our food and it was EXCELLENT (french toast). Mel never came to check on us or refill our water. We just went up to the counter and paid. If you are not in a hurry and don't mind bad service because you want the best food then go here but allow at least an hour to eat or get something to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had breakfast at the Absolute Bakery twice when we were staying in Mancos. It is a great place with plenty of seating, AMAZING baked goods, and all the usual breakfast stuff you could want - pancakes/egges/huevos rancheros/etc. The coffee is great - and never stops flowing. Atmosphere is welcoming and rustic. Service was fantastic. It is such a pleasure to have places like this in a town like Mancos.

Bloomfield, Connecticut
“A surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and had a wonderful surprise. The menu is creative and the food was well done. The atmosphere is funky and fun. Not many choices in Mancos, but this is worth the stop.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ft worth, tx
“Don't pass this place up !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Located about a block and a half south of the intersection of hwy 160 and hwy 184 (184 turns into Main St) in an old charming block/brick building that feels a hundred years old. They close at 2pm so it's breakfast or lunch ! I had their Mancos grill sandwich which was great. It was served with house potato salad and cole slaw and both were excellent. The baked goods looked delicious, and while I don't have much of a sweet tooth normally, I'd had a very active 3 days and was craving something a little bit sweet and got a large chocolate and coconut macaroon. If I'd have taken a bite of that thing before a rode off, I'd have probably bought a dozen of 'em. This was the best macaroon I've ever had. Not over-powering on the sweet side, nice coconut flavor and with a dark chocolate bottom that has to be experienced. Don't pass this place by if you're in the Mesa Verde area !! I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they'll ship me a box of their macaroons....Awesome !

• Visited April 2014
Mancos, Colorado
“A local gem for breakfast/lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Funky, healthy, ABC uses local organic produce and meat when possible. They recently expanded, so it's no longer hard to find seating. I love their breakfast sandwich and the Mancos Grill sandwich. Good food in a fun setting.

• Visited April 2014