“expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Lyons
Lyons, Colorado
“expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The malt and ice cream choices are vast.....and way too expensive.and really yummy. I ordered a guacamole burger and it was very average

Visited September 2012

Woodland Hills
“Loved the Soda Fountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very cute shopping place right on the main street downtown with a fun soda fountain with some of the best ice-cream we've tasted in a long time. The atmosphere is fun and the place brings you back in time.

• Visited August 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Excellent malts and milkshakes....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I come to the Lyons Soda Fountain once every year on my way up to Estes Park, CO. My family always stop for some of the best malts I have ever tasted. I love the chocolate peanut butter malt with hot fudge and vanilla syrup. The vanilla syrup is key. The malts are thick and delicious. It takes them awhile to prepare because there is no soft servce here. It is worth the wait. It does get hot inside during the summer, so enjoy the ice cream goodness outside. Service is always with a smile.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Athens, Georgia
“You don't see places like this anymore...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

When you walk in the door, you walk back to the way it used to be. A real "soda jerk" soda fountain. No fancy menus. Great burgers and hot dog combinations. They'll make whatever ice cream or soda based concoction that you can think of. Very nostalgic starting with the soda fountain bar, juke box, Coca-Cola memorabilia, etc...

Obviously, very family friendly.

I can't say that we'll be back next week because we live in Georgia, but next time we are in the Estes Park area, we will definitely stop in again.

• Visited July 2011
Boulder, Colorado
“Local Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Where has this place been all my life??? I've driven by this place many times, but never thought to stop by. Lyons has many restaurants that you drive-by before you get to this little hidden gem on Main Street. Lyons Soda Fountain is now on my permanent list of places to stop by at least once per month. The atmosphere is a throwback to simpler and slower times when the local Soda Fountain ruled small town Main Streets across America. The food was old-fashioned Soda Fountain oriented. I had a cheeseburger...and I've had hundreds of cheeseburgers in my life...but when I first tasted this cheeseburger, the exact word thought was "Mmmm...TASTY" I mention this because the person I was with had a Hot Dog and with our first bites of our food, we both looked up at each other with this same thought of how "tasty" the food was. The service was attentive with light and folksy conversation. I took of advantage of the Soda Fountain perspective of this little gem of a restaurant and I'm so glad I did...I had a Dr Pepper / Vanilla concoction that sounded weird, but tasted Awesome! The floor plan was large with plenty of room around all the tables and booths....you could actually have a private conversation without the rest of the restaurant listening in. And, this place is SPOTLESS...the glass was clean, not a crumb on the floor, the salt/pepper shakers shined and the napkin dispensers had a mirror finish. The cleanliness was very noticeable. So, with this type of review you'd think I was the Owner or a family member! I'm not, but I am incredibly happy that I found this local hidden treasure...it's one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments. So, stop reading this review and simply GO THERE!

• Visited February 2011