Stone Mountain Lodge has some great things going for it. We stayed in room number one of the lodge.
* The path behind the lodge is awesome!
* They were replacing the roof during our stay and so it now has a new roof. =)
* The staff were friendly and helpful when we went to get fresh towels and cleaning supplies.
* The kitchen was wonderful to have available. It didn't have a ton of dishes etc but we made do. (set of 4 plates, cups, a fry pan and pot, strainer, and a handful of silverware, and a can opener) There was also a 4 cup automatic coffee pot, microwave, sink, fridge (apartment sized with freezer) and gas range.
* The price per night was great! We stayed for 10 days and got a reduced rate because it was extended stay.
* We loved being able to bring our dog with us.
* No problems with the internet or the TV.
* It is only 2 miles or so from the town of Lyons, which was great, as that was where I had classes during the day. And my travel partner was able to make the short drive to check out the many things the town had to offer.
We did have a couple issues.
* The office hours are limited during the day (during the office season at least) and so I had to communicate with management by email. Which worked out okay.
* The sheets on one of the beds either had not been changed or was stained.
* Our main issue was that the shower appeared to have not been cleaned for at least a week. There was mold and mildew on the grout and shower curtain. After informing the office by email, they replied that it was merely black caulk, not mold. We bought a new shower curtain and some mildew/mold cleaner spray and fixed the issue ourselves. When I let them know that we fixed the issue ourselves, I did not receive a reply.
Overall the stay was a wonderful experience.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins Hotel Lyons
- Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins Hotel
- Stone Mountain Lodge And Cabins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 45 private acres between Estes Park and Boulder, Stone Mountain Lodge and Cabins is ideal for relaxing vacations, family reunions, unique outdoor Colorado weddings and romantic cabin getaways. There is a pond with ducks and fishing, towering red cliffs and a private hiking trail. Six unique cabin units and affordable lodge rooms are inviting with individual country charm. Air conditioning, cable TV, free Denver metro phone and free wifi. Open all year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.