“Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   18055 North St. Vrain Drive, Lyons, CO 80540   |
Eldora, Iowa
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stone Mountain Lodge has some great things going for it. We stayed in room number one of the lodge.

* The path behind the lodge is awesome!
* They were replacing the roof during our stay and so it now has a new roof. =)
* The staff were friendly and helpful when we went to get fresh towels and cleaning supplies.
* The kitchen was wonderful to have available. It didn't have a ton of dishes etc but we made do. (set of 4 plates, cups, a fry pan and pot, strainer, and a handful of silverware, and a can opener) There was also a 4 cup automatic coffee pot, microwave, sink, fridge (apartment sized with freezer) and gas range.
* The price per night was great! We stayed for 10 days and got a reduced rate because it was extended stay.
* We loved being able to bring our dog with us.
* No problems with the internet or the TV.
* It is only 2 miles or so from the town of Lyons, which was great, as that was where I had classes during the day. And my travel partner was able to make the short drive to check out the many things the town had to offer.

We did have a couple issues.
* The office hours are limited during the day (during the office season at least) and so I had to communicate with management by email. Which worked out okay.
* The sheets on one of the beds either had not been changed or was stained.
* Our main issue was that the shower appeared to have not been cleaned for at least a week. There was mold and mildew on the grout and shower curtain. After informing the office by email, they replied that it was merely black caulk, not mold. We bought a new shower curtain and some mildew/mold cleaner spray and fixed the issue ourselves. When I let them know that we fixed the issue ourselves, I did not receive a reply.

Overall the stay was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hannah J

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's a small mom and pop place in the MOUNTAINS. I read these and I don't know what people truly expect in the mountains. Wireless? You're in the MOUNTAINS and I saw how much work they went in to upgrading it. Everyone there was keeping us updated and they had multiple contractors trying to get it even STRONGER. I was there for a few weeks and watched them all work hard. I watched as people locked themselves out and there was always someone coming up the mountain - even late night with kids to let these people in! I think that goes above and beyond and I got what I expected which was a nice time that was quiet and away.

Room Tip: If you want just an overnight stay, the rooms are fine for the value. If you need room, get a cabin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon S
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed a couple nights here and the room had CLEARLY not been cleaned before my arrival. There was hair in the shower and trash under my bed. The cabins look nice from the outside but beware. This place is gross. Also, the internet didn't work and the manager didn't care. And they got irritable with me when I asked for clean towels after nobody had come to clean my room for 2 days. Talked to some of the residents here and NOBODY had anything good to say about this place. I'll find another cabin next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank moutainman79

Travelers are raving about these Lyons hotels

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I reserved a room in the lodge after many discussions with the staff and planned to arrive on a Wednesday afternoon or early evening and stay for 3 nights. I was informed that if the office was closed they had a late check in box and keys would be left inside. Just to be sure I called the day before, no one returned my call. So while in route on Wednesday we called again and were told not to worry the keys would be in the late check in box. We arrived at 5:30 p.m. After driving 500 miles and guess what? No keys, no one in the office and the lodge room we were told would be ours was rented to someone else. We called both the office and the emergency after hours number and no one answered, we didn't get a call until Thursday at 10 a.m. Unbelievable!!! We drove to Boulder and had a great experience at The Homewood Suites on Baseline Rd. Great staff, clean rooms just a wonderful time. If I were you I would forego even considering the stone mountain lodge!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RoyW2
Herndon, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding that took place on the premises. The place is quaint, but somewhat past its prime. Rooms are small, with the bathroom in particular inconvenient for toiletries for two people. Still, the place was fine for a couple of nights and ultra-convenient for the wedding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RodneyHerndon
Grant, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

For a short anniversary getaway, my husband and I stayed in a cabin on this property and loved it! It was roomy and homey and had everything we needed. The grounds are gorgeous, and even though it was very early spring and everything wasn't in full bloom, it was obvious that it soon would be because employees were outside diligently working on the grounds. The help was friendly and accommodating. Carrie's personable managerial skills are evident by the way all of the employees cohesively work together and interact with each other. Bonnie is knowledgeable, friendly and very pleasant and accommodating, both over the phone and in person. Gabbi is friendly, willing to help, and makes everyone feel at ease. Chelsea was very accommodating with directions and assistance for a side trip to Denver. We would definitely stay there again! Even though it is located along the highway, once we pulled in, it felt very private and quiet. We loved the experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Today I called Stone Mountain Lodge to find a venue for my wedding on 09/15/12. I explained my situation to Bonnie and unfortanately she didnt have any availability for her venue. About 5 minutes later she called me and asked what she could do to help. This was probably one of the best things that could have happened to me in this stressful situation. If I were someone looking for a wedding venue I would reccomend working with these ladies they truly do care, obviously since they offered to help someone who is not even getting married at their venue. Thank you for being so kind.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aaren87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
Chautauqua Cottages
Chautauqua Cottages
#1 of 2 in Boulder
4.5 of 5 stars 153 reviews

Been to Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!