“1 bedroom cabin rental” 5 of 5 stars

18055 North St. Vrain Drive, Lyons, CO 80540   |
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania, United States
“1 bedroom cabin rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My brother and I stayed in a cabin at Stone Mountain Lodge and Cabins in November and had a great experience. Carrie answered any questions we had and worked with us on an extended stay. We would definitely come back to visit again.

Paul

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
stonemountainlodge, General Manager at Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for your support!

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Central Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

The wie and kids and I stayed here for a noght on summer vacation. As many reviewers have stated, the property is located right off of the main road, and offers basic accomodations. The room that we rented also has a door that adjoined the rented property next door. I was surprised when I checked that door that I was able to open it directly to the rental unit next door! The folks staying in that room were not there at the time, but all of their belongings were! Also, note that the updatirs sleeping "loft" has a very low ceiling and it was HOT up there in July. It took a long time for the AC unit to cool off the upstairs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We attended a wedding and the wedding venue was beautiful but the rooms were a disappointment. They are old but the updating is not up to the price charged. Our unit was clean enough but the bridal couple had black mold in their shower and on the shower curtain (really an easy replaceable item...) There was very little discount given to wedding guests and the price took advantage of location but did not reflect the quality of the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very unorganized, does not communicate, takes advantage of their guests, does not have any customer service what so ever, and selfish.

These are just a few statements I have to say about this venue. If you are a Bride to be or a Groom to be I would highly reccomend looking somewhere else, because at the end of your big wedding day they will make you cry and not have a care in the world. They should just stick to renting out the cabins.. oh wait thats a whole different story of dirtiness (Bugs), small, and not very welcoming. Lyons is very beautiful but Stone Mountain Lodge needs to be gone. Needless to say I will never reccomend this venue to anyone nor be back.

Room Tip: If and when you want to book an event here make sure to meet the whole staff so they all are on the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments in regards to your event at Stone Mountain Lodge. We do take reviews like the seriously and have since hired a new Management Staff. Our new staff's main focus will ensuring situations like this do not happen again. As you may imagine, weddings are filled with emotions and sometimes even the best of intentions are met with adversity. In addition, a new staff will focus in the areas of housekeeping and such. Hopefully, with this new change, we will see you again in the future!

Carrie Cajka
Stone Mountain Lodge
Potsdam, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This roadside hotel is not idea for those who are in the area for business. Although the view and location are spectacular, there are too many corners cut for the price. I stayed in the lodge and the first night, after having been awake for 24 hours on delayed flights, I arrived to find my key in a box with my room number and name on it as apparently the office closes after 5 pm. Wondering if someone had used my key to let themselves into my room first was less than comforting as a woman traveling alone. Then, ready to go to bed, I realize there is no alarm clock nor is there cell service. Worried I would oversleep and miss part of my morning meeting, I drove to a 24-hour Walgreens 14 miles away to buy my own clock. Then, in the middle of the night, I turned on the AC unit and smelled fumes. Turned out, it was an unlit pilot light in the stove and there was no super or matches to be found. I was lucky I woke to my new alarm clock at all! Night two, pilot light fixed but I awoke to two mice rummaging through my bags. Although the management claims the hotel appeals to people who like camping, I fit that bill, but don't really like rodents sleeping with me in my tent! The place wasn't real clean (the drinking glasses were filthy), there is only one lock on the door (one of those cheap twisting ones) with no secondary lock and the wireless network the hotel website touted worked only in the front of the room where there were no outlets so I had to do work on my bed instead of a desk if I didn't want to lose battery power. All and all, this may be great for folks here to hike or bike, but patrons here on business should know what they are getting themselves into.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was disappointing overall. First a couple of positives. The room was clean (the pool less so...). Staff were friendly enough, when around. The location is pretty, even if the road is noisy. Lyons is quite a nice little town.

But overall, there is a strong sense of management cutting corners. The air conditioning was OK in downstairs, but had no impact on the bedroom up under the roof. This was like an oven. And the kitchen equipment was unacceptable. Two forks and three glasses for a room described as for four.... Just one pan, a 16 inch tall stockpot, the only way to heat water for tea and coffee.... I could go on.

In a road trip over the past month where we stayed in over a dozen places, this was the only one where we felt it was no way worth the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We actually are 'professional' travelors - we live in a 5th wheel and travel the country - so our review comes from alot of experience! We stayed a couple of months (5th wheel was getting worked on and weather was cold!). They were REALLY great to us - and our dogs! Location is great - feel of the mountains without the difficult mountain drive and still close to town. Cabins feel like home and are completely stocked (we actually brought TOO much!). And I can't say enough about the staff - I won't say our whole story but they were more than awesome! Kind, considerate, understanding, accomendating - really, we were HIGHLY IMPRESSED! And since we do travel alot we have alot to compare it to! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: the cabins are great!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!