“I would never reccomend this venue for a wedding or any special event” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins

Save Saved
You added Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins to your Saves list
Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins
18055 North St. Vrain Drive, Lyons, CO 80540   |
Denver, Colorado
“I would never reccomend this venue for a wedding or any special event”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very unorganized, does not communicate, takes advantage of their guests, does not have any customer service what so ever, and selfish.

These are just a few statements I have to say about this venue. If you are a Bride to be or a Groom to be I would highly reccomend looking somewhere else, because at the end of your big wedding day they will make you cry and not have a care in the world. They should just stick to renting out the cabins.. oh wait thats a whole different story of dirtiness (Bugs), small, and not very welcoming. Lyons is very beautiful but Stone Mountain Lodge needs to be gone. Needless to say I will never reccomend this venue to anyone nor be back.

Room Tip: If and when you want to book an event here make sure to meet the whole staff so they all are on the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
stonemountainlodge, General Manager at Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for your comments in regards to your event at Stone Mountain Lodge. We do take reviews like the seriously and have since hired a new Management Staff. Our new staff's main focus will ensuring situations like this do not happen again. As you may imagine, weddings are filled with emotions and sometimes even the best of intentions are met with adversity. In addition, a new staff will focus in the areas of housekeeping and such. Hopefully, with this new change, we will see you again in the future!

Carrie Cajka
Stone Mountain Lodge

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Potsdam, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This roadside hotel is not idea for those who are in the area for business. Although the view and location are spectacular, there are too many corners cut for the price. I stayed in the lodge and the first night, after having been awake for 24 hours on delayed flights, I arrived to find my key in a box with my room number and name on it as apparently the office closes after 5 pm. Wondering if someone had used my key to let themselves into my room first was less than comforting as a woman traveling alone. Then, ready to go to bed, I realize there is no alarm clock nor is there cell service. Worried I would oversleep and miss part of my morning meeting, I drove to a 24-hour Walgreens 14 miles away to buy my own clock. Then, in the middle of the night, I turned on the AC unit and smelled fumes. Turned out, it was an unlit pilot light in the stove and there was no super or matches to be found. I was lucky I woke to my new alarm clock at all! Night two, pilot light fixed but I awoke to two mice rummaging through my bags. Although the management claims the hotel appeals to people who like camping, I fit that bill, but don't really like rodents sleeping with me in my tent! The place wasn't real clean (the drinking glasses were filthy), there is only one lock on the door (one of those cheap twisting ones) with no secondary lock and the wireless network the hotel website touted worked only in the front of the room where there were no outlets so I had to do work on my bed instead of a desk if I didn't want to lose battery power. All and all, this may be great for folks here to hike or bike, but patrons here on business should know what they are getting themselves into.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was disappointing overall. First a couple of positives. The room was clean (the pool less so...). Staff were friendly enough, when around. The location is pretty, even if the road is noisy. Lyons is quite a nice little town.

But overall, there is a strong sense of management cutting corners. The air conditioning was OK in downstairs, but had no impact on the bedroom up under the roof. This was like an oven. And the kitchen equipment was unacceptable. Two forks and three glasses for a room described as for four.... Just one pan, a 16 inch tall stockpot, the only way to heat water for tea and coffee.... I could go on.

In a road trip over the past month where we stayed in over a dozen places, this was the only one where we felt it was no way worth the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We actually are 'professional' travelors - we live in a 5th wheel and travel the country - so our review comes from alot of experience! We stayed a couple of months (5th wheel was getting worked on and weather was cold!). They were REALLY great to us - and our dogs! Location is great - feel of the mountains without the difficult mountain drive and still close to town. Cabins feel like home and are completely stocked (we actually brought TOO much!). And I can't say enough about the staff - I won't say our whole story but they were more than awesome! Kind, considerate, understanding, accomendating - really, we were HIGHLY IMPRESSED! And since we do travel alot we have alot to compare it to! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: the cabins are great!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was looking for somewhere to stay outside of Boulder that was secluded, but not too far from grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. I wanted somewhere inexpensive, but not run down, and I also needed somewhere pet friendly. I found all of those qualities at Stone Mountain Lodge. I stayed for three weeks and was completely comfortable and happy for my entire stay. Boulder, Lyons, and Estes Park are all really close so there’s always something to keep you busy if you’re there on vacation. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Also, if you’re traveling with a dog, there is a hiking trail right behind the lodge.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We loved our stay at the Stone Mountain Lodge. From soaking in the jet tub to the peaceful nature that was all around. It was great! The cabin was cozy and warm, and we got some much needed rest and relaxation. Joseph the manager was also kind and very personable. He also took the time to check in with us and show us around the property. I give it 5 stars!! Thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Made my daughter's wedding a very enjoyable and memorable event. So convenient having sleeping rooms and ceremony and reception on same site. Staff was very accommodating. Spectacular backdrop. Cabins were rustic but added to the charm of the venue.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!