“Our Regular Getaway - aaaaahhh :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shelly's Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyons
Shelly's Cottages
16188 N. St. Vrain Dr., Lyons, CO 80540   |
Denver, Colorado
“Our Regular Getaway - aaaaahhh :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The Mr and I have been staying at Shelly's regularly for a couple of years now.
A serene, perfect getaway - quiet, child-free, tranquil river views (deer spotting guaranteed just about every evening!), comfy cabins w/ simple, clean appointments. We sometimes spend the day in Lyons and get in early eves or start early w/ grill-prep and river walks. Whatever you prefer - this little "resort" has what you both need.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My boyfriend surprised me by planning a getaway for my birthday. We stayed at the little duplex type cabin. The outside didn't look very special but the inside had one of the most comfortable beds and pillows that I think I have ever slept on in a hotel or even resort. The owners were extremely nice. It snowed the morning of our trek home and before it was time to check out the road was clear. The cabin we was very clean, modern and much bigger than I thought it would be. It was not super cheap but it was very close to Lyons and Estes Park where we went to have dinner and play some pinball. The scenery was breathtaking, many of the cabins had hot tubs but we decided against it because we were just staying there to sleep. It was truly awesome. I hope everyone enjoys it as much we did.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Absolutely lovely surroundings, wonderful grounds to walk, with a bubbling stream...it was bliss. If you want solitude, this is the place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I had researched many places on the internet, I was looking for a relaxing, romantic, close, getaway for my boyfriends birthday, I was very skeptical because of some of the reviews I had read. Upon our arrival, I felt very welcomed, the cabin was small but very clean and modern, ours was the Maples cabin. The private hottub was the main reason I had chosen Shelly's. And we truley enjoyed every moment, the outdoor hot tub was so relaxing, with the starry night above that was something I will always cherish. My only regret is that we only stayed 1 night ! We will be back very soon....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We've been going to Shelley's for about four years now. We really enjoy it. The cabins are not 5 star luxury, but certainly sufficient and always very clean. The grounds are always very well maintained. The owners are welcoming and accomodating. I think people who stay here have to keep in mind that this property is family owned and operated so there are some minor inconveniences related to that issue. They have resently updated the insides of the cabins so they look nice and homey. We have only had trouble with the hot tub one time. They are usually quite hot, clean, and relatively secluded. Our biggest complaint is always comfort. The living rooms have futons--not the most comfortable when you want to put your feet up and relax. Overall, though, a great, relaxing, affordable place to stay. We'll be back. (ps- we have NEVER been charged any kind of extraneous fee. We clean the messes we make and respect other people's property.)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I think Shelly's was ideal to visit during the winter. My boyfriend and I were looking for a cabin not too far away from Denver where we could relax and do a little hiking. The cabins are located close together, so if all the cabins were full I feel that it would not seem as private. The hot tubs are very private, though.

The cabins were extremely clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We had everything we needed for a getaway!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Two days of unwinding, relaxing and enjoying life the cabins were great,the kitchengave us a choise to cook in or a short ride to town. the river and grounds made us feel like we wanted to stay longer. what a place to get away to. den

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Shelly's Cottages? Share your experiences!