“Tall trees, rolling river, wide open lawn: Event Space” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Lyons
Colorado
52 attraction reviews
“Tall trees, rolling river, wide open lawn: Event Space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Farmette is a modern day small farm, barely a mile outside of the small quaint downtown of Lyons. It offers rental space for weddings, workshops, fundraisers, food-tasting, business gatherings, art shows and more. In addition to the wide open large lawn where these events take place, it has a lovely big garden (a small field) that grows healthy veggies and traditional flowers, which they sell on their market day. A river runs through a corner of their property, which adds to the ambiance, and has many large trees. There are goats and hens in a large grassy, caged-in area. Workshops include bee keeping, cheese making, composting, and more; plus an annual Permaculture Certification Course. Everything is open for guests to wander around. The layout of the grounds will appeal to an artistic photographer, as well as a adventuresome child.

Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“The perfect setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a group dinner scheduled here as part of a conference I attended. This place is really amazing. We arrived shortly after 6pm. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we walked onto an amazingly cute little farm that was set up for outdoor dining. We took a small tour of the, which was lovely, and learned about all of the services they provide. It was a lot of fun and created a really great atmosphere for our group. The dinner was served in three courses. All in all, the food was good. I wouldn't say great, but the whole experience was worth it! I hear they get booked quickly, so make your reservations in advance.

Visited August 2013
Duvall, Washington
8 attraction reviews
“Great farm to table dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my husband and I first farm dinner experience. Although I had a little bit of hard time finding the place, it was well worth it. Great food, lots of flavors in a fun outdoor setting.

Visited July 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“An welcoming oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Attended a summer wedding held @ the Lyons Farmette. As I"m from one of the mid Atlantic states & hadn't visited this part of the world in many years, I was unfamiliar with what I might meet. What a delightful surprise. This sweet oasis offers a mix of broad-reaching trees, small fenced-in pens holding farm animals, a creek gently making it's way through a side of its property - an arched bridge brooking it, numerous flowers showing vivid colors & shapes, a few rustic, attractive buildings - to name but a few of it's attributes. The food for the wedding was very good & the LF folks who worked the event were courteous & responsive. The owners/operators were present throughout & I/we found them welcoming, experienced & attentive (there's a not often found combo). Though the Farmette can hold many people, my sense is this is not a place designed, thankfully, for the Masses. (ie the restroom is in a trailer-like structure, placed where they're not visually front & centre). The entire affair was relaxed, delightful. After my visit I looked them up..if you wish to know more I recommend going to their website which provides photos & helpful information.

Visited July 2013
Boulder, Colorado
31 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Setting and Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We attended at wonderful evening at the Lyons Farmette. The event was a dinner presented by a local star chef, Bradford Heap, along with his staff. the setting is extraordinary with a stream, meadow, small farm animals, and flower beds. The owners, Betsy and Mike are most gracious hosts. There were approximately thirty attendees at a long table set in the meadow. The food was excellent and mostly prepared with local ingredients. The price of $75 per person was very reasonable for this upscale five course meal. We would not hesitate to attend another event at the Farmette.

Visited July 2012