“****Winter Wonderland Wedding***” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peaceful Valley Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyons
Peaceful Valley Ranch
475 Peaceful Valley Rd, Lyons, CO 80540   |
Colorful Colorado, United States
“****Winter Wonderland Wedding***”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

From the moment our guests pulled into Peaceful Valley Lodge and escorted up to the Beautiful Chapel, it was truly a Winter Wonderland. The snow was lightly falling during the ceremony, but all the drivers and our wedding planner, Kari, got everyone down safely and into a warm and welcome reception hall, where guests ate and had plenty of room for dancing afterwards. The staff here is wonderful, from the front desk to the maintenance men. And the owner, Karen, has a very special place in our hearts and our wedding memories! Peaceful Valley is beautiful in the Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter and there is always something to do here!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hideaway Cabin so our family couldn't find us! It was cozy & Romantic, it...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My Daughter's wedding in April was nothing but perfect from the minute we drove in,the setting of the ranch was fantastic,upon checking in we were treated with smiles and kindness from the staff . Our cabin was great from the wood for the fireplace being ready to go,the hot tub, cleanliness of not only in but outdoors, Cant say enough about the staff,the food was fantastic coming from a chef let me tell you Great! The chapel was breathtaking ,and the reception was so well taken care of with the service from the bartender to all staff!
Would defiantly recommend to anyone to check this ranch out! we will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My son and his fiance booked their wedding and reception in mid April 2012. The facility was absolute fantastic! You could not have asked for a better location. The view from the chapel was absolutely breath taking. Our accomodations were very comfortable and the food was better than most expensive restaurants. The staff was always extremely helpful during the entire stay. It is a bit out the way but that makes it even more special. We had a family of moose come down to lake to drink the water. I have never been that close to wild life before. I will definatelyt plan a family gathering or an anniversary weekend there!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the creek are fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Golden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband & I fell in love with Peaceful Valley the moment we pulled up to the parking area. It got better from there with visiting the Chapel & taking a peak at the Hideaway cabin. During the weekend we stayed we were very pleased with the quality of food we received and the customer service was outstanding! Most of the employees recognized us and treated us with nothing, but respect and kindness.The wedding was gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding! We will be back to celebrate our anniversaries!!

Room Tip: The Hideaway cabin is perfect for small families or couples!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Where to begin? I LOVE the Ranch. I first came up to Peaceful in August of 2003 for a scrapbooking retreat. It was exactly the break I needed from my crazy, busy life. The meals were outstanding, the kindness of the staff was exceptional, and I felt so relaxed and, well, PEACEFUL.

I've been coming back year after year, and am in awe that each time, there are improvements to what I already cherish as my favorite getaway. Because I'm in the business of exceeding customer expectations, I put a critical eye to others in this area. The team here delivers above and beyond, every time I come.

I love that there are no TVs in the guest rooms. I can truly unplug from the world here!

Prepare to relax, escape, and truly enjoy yourself. Peaceful Valley is a hidden treasure.

Room Tip: We love staying in the cabins; it adds to the ambiance of being at a "Dude Ranch."
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Our family went to Peaceful Valley Ranch for Thanksgiving a few years ago, and are planning on going again this year, so we can enjoy our visit without the work. It is a rustic, family oriented establishment. Their holiday meals are a nice break from cleaning like mad, preparing food, and cleaning up again to entertain the family. There are long tables with red and white plaid table cloths, and a buffet style service with food that is just fine.

I read another review from an individual that was disappointed with their same sex relationship views. I agree it is a shame that people cannot be more accepting, but people should know going in, that this is a simple, old-fashioned venue. Perhaps eventually there might be a better "welcome mat" out for everyone of all pursuasions. For family fare, it is nice, with hiking and other activities available.

Room Tip: Be prepared to go out and enjoy the out of doors, hike, etc.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I'm of two minds about Peaceful Valley. On the one hand, we had a great time. There's lots to do, the surroundings are beautiful and the horseback riding was right up out alley. The food is hearty, tasty and plentiful, and there's something for everyone, even kids. The wedding chapel is one-of-a-kind. On the other hand, the cabin and the property in general could use a refresh. New paint, new sofas and new carpet would do wonders for this property. Perhaps those investments alone would really do wonders for comfort and perception of guests. It's a gem in need of a simple polish.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Peaceful Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!