“Clean hotel, very affordable for area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn - Loveland

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn - Loveland to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn - Loveland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1639 E. Eisenhower Blvd., I-25 And Hwy. 34, Loveland, CO 80537 (Formerly Quality Inn - Loveland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Loveland
Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
“Clean hotel, very affordable for area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A friend and I needed a hotel in the Greeley/Loveland/Hwy 34 area for just one night while in the area for a seminar. Our price here was easily $20 less/night than any similar hotel in the area. The hotel is obviously an older building but the beds are comfy and I love the extra pillows (4/bed!). Everything was in good repair. In fact, the shower head was obviously newer and that great wide water stream was SO appreciated. Plus FINALLY a hotel with 2 beds that actually had enough towels for 2 people! We appreciated having the mini fridge and microwave as well. Check in was easy even though my traveling companion had made the arrangements and had to drop me off with her credit card and return later. Did not have breakfast or use pool or business center computer so can't comment on those. If you are looking for the Ritz and 5 star service go pay for it elsewhere. If you're a working stiff looking for the best value for your dollar this is where you should stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Overall we liked this hotel.

Check in was fast and the gal at check in was super friendly.

The lobby area was small but nice, there is a loveseat and maybe another comfy chair. It looked like they had some books available to read. They have coffee and hot tea always available. I did see a desk that looked like it might have been for a computer but there was not a computer. We didn't need a computer so was not an issue.

Room.
Our room was a decent size.
Overall the room was clean but needs some corner cleaning.
It had a fridge and microwave, both worked good and were clean.
The beds were very comfortable, pillows were good and I slept very well and it was quiet at night. The only sound was from the heater blowing.
Decent channels on the TV.
Wifi is available. Could not get it to work but the front desk gave me a phone number to call and we were connected quickly.
Coffee maker in room.
There is not a safe in the room. We asked about a safe in the room at check in and told there wasn't. The gal didn't offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk so I'm not sure if they have any or not.
The room had a table and two chairs.

Bathroom.
The bathroom was fairly clean. There were, again, corners that needed to be cleaned. The walls and doors also need to be wiped down.
The shower worked great but the tub was slow to drain.
There was a hairdryer and it worked good.

Pool.
The pool looked old but was clean. The water was warm. The hot tub worked and was great.

Breakfast was great and the breakfast room was clean.
Nice selection to choose from. Sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, pastries, fresh fruit and juice.

There is an Arby's next door. Across the street is a grill which has pretty good food.

They have a bench and ashtray away from the front door.

I would stay here again. Decent hotel for a good price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMLoveland, General Manager at Rodeway Inn - Loveland, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you very much for you sincere review of our property. I don't think I have ever seen or read a review as genuine and comprehensive as yours. We do have a new business grade computer with printer in the lobby for guest’s use but it was not there during your stay because of the unexpected delay in getting the new computer replacement. Once again thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Dont stay here. I booked my room online through a travel site for a discount. They needed my card number at checkout for incidental purposes which I gave them along with signing an agreement no to smoke in the room which no one ever did. After leaving the hotel, I noticed on my bank statement that they charged me the 150 dollar incidental fee! We kept our room clean and were only there 12 hours. I do smoke, which I went outside to smoke twice during our stay. When calling the hotel they told me that it smelled like smoke of some kind and that they needed to charge that to have the curtains cleaned. I was livid. For one, no one smoked in our room. The staff seen me go outside to smoke the two times I did during my stay. I was staying with an infant so obviously wouldnt allow any smoke around him. Shows what you get for booking a room on a travel site to save 10%. They'll just charge you 150$ and make up some B S to cheat you out of money. never stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay unless you have 150 dollars to put in the owners pocket
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMLoveland, General Manager at Rodeway Inn - Loveland, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
My response to this guest is I hope you "stay somewhere else". I don't appreciate your smoking in a non smoking room and then thinking there are no consequences for your actions. Our hotel is 100% smoke and pet free and signs are posted in plain view that clearly indicates the policy and 97% of the guests who have stayed with us this year adhere to this policy and vast majority of our guests appreciate the fact that we are 100% smoke free and the fact there is NO smoke smell in the hotel .Unfortunately this particular guest chose to smoke in the room and therefore was charged the fee for smoking in a smoke free hotel. For the 97% of guests who read this and don’t smoke in non-smoking rooms they appreciate us. For the 3%, there is another hotel out there for you.
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here several years ago (perhaps even in the same room)... and knew that I wanted to stay on the west side to see the mountains, and top floor since I was staying 3 nights and didn't want anyone above me. Being an "elite" member of Choice Hotels, through which 800# I made my reservations, I was offered an upgrade... yet it wasn't on the west side and not on the top floor. So I chose to stay with my original small room... and upgrade wouldn't have been worth not seeing the mountains for me. I did appreciate the thought, tho.

It was the best price of the chains in the area (I'd stayed at the Super 8 next door once too), but they really are ALL way overpriced for the area and the ages of the buildings. Stayed later in Aurora at a Comfort Inn for ONLY 30cents more per night, and that made me feel worse about the high cost in Loveland.

The breakfast was fine and it was very good location for me; but the fridge and microwave were old, and the fridge froze my things that I was depending on having for meals over the 3 days. Also, because I was too busy to move to another room, I put up with a strange odor coming from the air conditioner (which had awakened me in the middle of the night that first night and called the front desk) which I did need to use because of the heat wave. It had rained, but I really don't think that was the problem. I tried to cover my head so I didn't smell it... and the comfort of the bed did help me get back to sleep.

It would have been a 'very pleasant' stay if it wasn't for those problems .. everyone was very friendly. I took the 3 flights of stairs when I didn't have to carry anything, both up and down for exercise... and it wasn't too bad. Kept going past the swimming pool which looked good, but I didn't use it. They have one of the fastest lobby computers I've used in years, and that was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and posting them here. We realize there are many choices in Loveland and appreciate your choice to stay with us again! I am glad that you liked our free breakfast, location, comfort of our pillow top bed and I do agree our business center lobby computer is indeed very fast and reliable. In regards to fridge being very cold which froze the food it was because of the thermostat setting was on colder side .In regards to the musty smell coming from the A/C unit it is hard to pinpoint the reason as we do clean the A/C on regular basis the only reason I can think of is that if the room was vacant for period of time and when the A/C is turned on they sometime do give that musty smell especially if it is rainy outside after a heat wave.
We do our best to meet guest expectations and hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Loveland. Your continued patronage is greatly appreciated!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful but the walls were thin and we could hear the neighbors conversation and tv. Also, our room was on the backside of the hotel, overlooking a parking lot and the lights from the Arbys (which looked directly into our window) kept our room bright, even with the curtains closed.

• Stayed October 2012
I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay with us, we try our best to make sure that guests enjoy their stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, this is the best way for us to know how we are doing.
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed just one night on a motorcycle trip from Vermont to Colorado, so this was our gateway property to exciting riding to come. Arrived early afternoon, so check-in was easy and the staff was friendly. Property was located just a few minutes walk from a very nice wine shop which was good for me.
They had a nice hot tub and pool, both of which we used, and a self service laundry which we also used.
Also, there were several restaurants nearby which we could walk to, which we did.
We had a good night's sleep, and had an early (0600) breakfast before departing.
Nice place, good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind remarks!We are pleased to hear that you liked our location and enjoyed the amenties that we offer.Please stay with us again if your ever visit Loveland Again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the super 8 the night before and moved over here because it was so much better. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your kind remark.we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.Again thank you for staying with us!

Been to Rodeway Inn - Loveland? Share your experiences!