“Great Place! Good food & entertaining” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Illinois
“Great Place! Good food & entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I would rate their food 8.5 on a 10 scale. Very good, lots of it, certainly don't go away hungry. Though growin up on southern cooking, their cornbread is not really cornbread, still delicious though. Love their t-shirts and bought one of my favorites. Service was great and this was a busy Saturday we went. Kept our drinks filled and were quite pleasant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ft. Collins
“Don't let the great smells lure you!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The smoky bbq odor lures you in, but the food doesn't measure up to what you think you'll get. I'm from the Denver area, but lived in El Paso, Texas for several years where I worked for a restaurant which served the best steaks and bbq I've ever tasted. Guess I was spoiled, because I have yet to have BBQ to compare. Not impressed by the hoky wait staff or mediocre service. I tried Nordy's a couple of times, but won't be going back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Really, one of the best BBQ places .... probably in the state!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I drove all the way from Denver to Loveland to try this place, and I don't regret it at all! Just as I parked the car, the smoke smell just makes your mouth drool. Inside, the atmosphere is nice and everyone is very friendly. We ordered wings, half with the hot sauce and half in Buffalo, absolutely amazing!! The brisket is heaven "get the lean, less fat" and the sauces are really REALLY good. We also got the bread pudding, I can't fathom how the heck they make it sooooo tasty!! I ate the whole piece!

Bottom line, if you're in the neighborhood, or just a die hard BBQ fan like me, check this place and I am sure you will LOVE it. :-)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Great Happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good BBQ, and excellent happy hour prices on beer and food before 6pm. Good old town location, too. lots of seating so rarely a wait, which is nice

Visited August 2012
Loveland, Colorado
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

So much tasty food and so little room. We love the plate with three different meats. I always bring some home.

Visited May 2012