“Best place in downtown Loveland” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Next Door Food & Drink is open for business! We open everyday at 11am, offering our full menu of small plate tapas, entrees, pizzas, signature cocktails and sangrias, and wines from 40+ vintners – with 50 selections under $30 a bottle!Located in the new Rialto Theater Center at 222 E. 4th Street in downtown Loveland, we set out to create a place where our friends and neighbors can enjoy tapas the way the Spanish do – with a glass of wine in a relaxed atmosphere.
Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Best place in downtown Loveland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food is always interesting. Local beers on tap. Service is good. Ask a server about the decor! And leave room for desert! Best deserts anywhere! I love this place. It's currently my favorite Loveland restaurant. I wish they would change the menu more frequently, because I,m running out of new things to try.

Visited February 2014

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Scrumptious and lovely defines it,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a girl's day out and had an amazing lunch Next Door. All three entrees were presented in a creative and tantalizing manner. The portions were perfect for lunch. The service was great! We will now meet here for a meal every time we get together in Loveland!

• Visited June 2014
Fort Collins, CO
“Coffee good; rest of the menu - not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I last reviewed this restaurant in downtown Loveland in October 2013, giving it a 5 star rating. After my last two visits here, I am reporting back in and downgrading it to a 3. After hearing my story, my husband says I am being generous with a 3 rating.

I visited for lunch, expecting to order my favorite - pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw and sweet potato fries for my side. The waiter politely informed me that this has been taken off the menu. He suggested the tacos because the pork is similarly prepared to my old favorite. I was seriously considering ordering the burger because my husband has ordered that several times and has always been satisfied, but I figured I would give the pork barbacoa tacos a try. They include 4 small corn tortillas on your plate, with only 2 filled. The attentive waiter asked how everything was, and I replied that I was not impressed because this dish only had about 1/4 of the meat that the sandwich had. Also, it was very messy to try to eat. You don't usually use a knife and fork with tacos/tortillas, so I picked it up. It dripped all over my hands, and I was wearing a very good ring that I didn't want to have greasy liquid all over. I went through many napkins. I also did not like the sweet potato waffle fries as much as their previous sweet potato fries. They were pre-sprinkled with sea salt which was way too much that you had to knock off. I felt it was presumptuous to put on the sea salt rather than allowing the customer to take care of salt, based on the quantity they desired. I was not satisifed with this meal at all. The waiter was excellent and tried to help out; after I asked for the manager's name and mentioned Tripadvisor, the assistant manager brought over the manager's card and indicated that he was sorry that I did not have a good experience.

As I said, the waiter was excellent, however, he never mentioned the special of the day - burger and beer for $10. With hindsight, this is what I wished I had ordered.

My prior lunch experience involved ordering from the tapas menu. The portion was so small (although the price was not) that I ended up asking for bread and butter in order to get filled up.

I asked to see the dinner menu because my husband and I will be in Loveland next week, and I thought perhaps we would go to dinner. This menu has changed drastically as well, and there is not much that holds appeal to me. I still love the atmosphere, and the service is very good; however, the menu has changed too much. This was my "go to" place in Loveland, but after two disappointing lunches in a row, I will not be returning any time soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
“Best food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have been in Loveland on a 2 week vacation and have eaten at various restaurants in town, in Boulder, Estes Park, and Ft. Collins and the food at Next Door was absolutely the best! Service was also great. The braised ribs and grouper special were both incredible! We are going back tonight.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Our server meg, recommended the braised short ribs and the hazel dell mushroom tart. She was right on the money for what we wanted with the wine we chose for the night. Overall, amazing food and even better service!!! It's what everyone should look for in a restaurant. Thank you next door food and drink, and thank you meg!!!

• Visited May 2014