“Loveland's best!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Loveland, Colorado
“Loveland's best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My fiancee and I went for dinner at the Backbone not knowing what to expect. We were shocked by what we got. It was delicious. Delicious is an understatement, it was out of this world. The menu is nice and varied, the atmosphere is very cozy and inviting, and the staff was very upbeat and very attentive. I had the Cubano and my wife had the Santa Fe Burger. Both were perfect. They were bursting with flavor. It is kind of outside of loveland. That is probable what makes it Loveland's best kept secret. We will surely be back. Keep up the fabulous work.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Good staff, terrible cook”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Salad consisted of huge pieces of iceburg lettuce and what tasted and felt like two day old chicken. Absolutely awful!

Visited October 2012
Loveland, Colorado
“Going, going.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We really enjoy the Backbone's Friday night entertainment on the patio. The summer seemed to hold lots of really great changes at the Backbone. The menu had some new additions and the atmosphere outside was pretty nice. We frequented the place......but last night was a total disappointment. The food was cold when we got it, seasonings were MIA on our meals and the waitstaff was preoccupied. Hopefully, this was a one-time screwup - but, I'm afraid we'll be finding a new Friday night hang-out! Loveland has way too many choices to settle for average!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Topeka, Kansas
“Average restaurant close to hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We went to this restaurant because we were staying at the La Quinta right next to it and were tired from a day of driving and didn't want to venture far. The service was decent, the food was okay. Both my husband and myself ordered hamburgers however I asked for mine to be cooked medium and he ordered his medium well - there was no difference between the two when we received them though. Our waitress was friendly and quick with refills. The price for the food was just okay, however if I am in town again I probably would not go back and would try to find another place to eat, but if you are staying at the hotel and don't feel like venturing very far I would recommend trying it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Patio is nice, but it's become a "hotel" restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is nominal, at best. I feel for the people who are staying at the hotel and don't know of other places to eat. The service has been hit or miss, been there 3 times (tried to give them a chance) and have been increasingly disappointed. The food started out okay and went downhill from there. Locals beware, places on 4th St have the same beers, but with way better food and atmosphere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere