“Texas has annexed Colorado” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 199 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: They have locations in Durango, CO, which you already have in your database.
Barnes, Wisconsin
“Texas has annexed Colorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Here from Wisconsin, for work. Looked for BBQ in the GPS; when I saw "Texas" in the name, I figured I'd give it a shot.

What a great choice. My first impression upon walking in: "It looks right and it smells right." I travel all over the country for work and have eaten in some of the best BBQ joints in TN, TX and other places. This one ranks right up there with them.

I ordered The Big 6. It used to have 6 meats, but they've removed the pork loin and added extra sausage and ribs; so now it has Ribs, Sausage, Pulled Pork, Turkey and Brisket. I've been there twice ... both times the brisket was a little dry and one time the pulled pork was too, but the turkey was moist both times, the ribs fell off the bones and the sausage was probably the best I've ever had. In fact, the second time I was there, I took a 1/2# of sausage with me. Great sausage.

I also ordered a Texas Taco. Pulled Pork taco with potatoes. Really tasty.

They offer two sauces at the table. One is a heavy vinegar sauce; it was ok, but not my favorite. The second is their Pepper Sauce. This stuff is great. Lots of flavor and just the right amount of kick. Bought a bottle of it on the way out the door too.

Great family atmosphere and covered outdoor seating really makes it a nice place to enjoy a good BBQ lunch / dinner.

Even though some of the meat was a little dry, I still give it 5 stars. It was a great overall experience and I would go back over and over. In fact, I'll be leaving CO tomorrow or the next day and plan to stop and get more sausage and turkey for the drive back to WI.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Nice bbq meat and sandwiches ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have stopped here several times for bbq meats have been very tasty. Nice friendly service in a line. Side dishes are ok. Bbq sauce was good. Nice atmosphere and ample parking. Location is outside of city.

“Delicious BBQ and Great Prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of our favorite places for a quick meal. They have daily specials at reasonable prices. We like to order the meat by the quarter pound and add a side or two.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Seriously? Oh, okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We're still wondering what they're serious about, but we did enjoy our lunch. There was a pretty good amount of pulled pork for $5 in the Texas Taco, a fun little bit with the potatoes, cheese, onions, and diced jalapeños. The meat was a little dry, but that's what sauces are for, right? There was an unidentified bottle (from a fifth of some old, cheap whiskey) of a mild and sweet sauce that had a nice flavor. There was also a "Pepper Sauce" on the table in another whiskey bottle, and it packed a little more punch but not overly so. Both of these sauces are on the thin side, though not watery. Nothing serious here.

I also tried some of a side of Pineapple Jalapeño salsa, and I could go back for more of that! There was another flavor in there that I think may have been mint. The Orange-Jalapeño in the Sausage-Wrap special was another tasty treat! They make me real curious about the Cherry-Chipotle offered on other sandwiches. These could be serious.

I hate to use words like "ambience" and even "architecture" with this place. It's designed to look somewhat like a converted mechanic's garage, and looks enough like a pit stop along some West Texas 2-lane that you can almost feel the heat and the dust in spite of the Colorado cold and snow.

If you want to give 'em a try, come for lunch. You order at the counter like fast-food and serve yourself at the drink and condiment station. Bus your own table, and find a "nice" place elsewhere for dinner. Seriously.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Loveland, Ohio
“Love the food; cleanliness less than I like”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I love the food at Serious Texas BBQ. The other night we both had the pulled pork, along with the cheesy potatoes and baked beans. The food is great; love their sauce! But honestly, the place wasn't up to par on the cleanliness front. In fact, as I looked at it, the hot BBQ sauce on the table? Not sure if the serving spigot had been cleaned for days; the stuff looked baked on. As I looked from table to table, it was the same on each. Yuck! Come to think of it, my bun was "crunchy" on the edges...wonder how long it'd been in the warmer, or around in general.

• Visited December 2013