“The Beer is Always Cold and the Food Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 174 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sky Pond Drive
Transit: Greeley Evans Transit - 34XPress, 50 feet to the South West of Rock Bottom. COLT - Green Route, Eisenhower eastbound @ Starbucks Coffee.
Greeley
“The Beer is Always Cold and the Food Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We took a friend out to dinner at one of my husband's favorite restaurants is the Rock Bottom. It has become one of my favorites for cold beer and steak. I ordered the steak medium well, and it was done perfectly and literally melted in my mouth! The wait staff was fun and friendly, and the red ale was cold and smooth! Great family place!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Hostess botched this from the beginning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Food was ok, a little over valued, but still not bad. House beers were really good and a good price.

But, got off to a bad start. Was told there was a 30 to 40 minute wait when we arrived, no big deal and was given a pager. At about the hour and twenty minute mark, my wife and I looked around and there was no one else waiting.

I worked in the service business for a long time and never raise a stink, but she had spent 8 hours in an interview for the hospital system and was tired and hungry, or hangry.

She asked the hostess how much longer and was told that they had buzzed us a while ago but we did not come up to the podium. The hostess checked the buzzer, and what do you know, it was not working. She told us that several of the buzzers were not working that night. She kind of apologized, and then led us to our table.

Here is my issue. If you knew there was an issue with some of the pagers, why not put some effort into tracking down the missing ones to see if there are hungry people holding onto them. Instead, the three hostesses stood behind the podium chit chatting while the only two people still sitting in the waiting area stared at them waiting for a vibration that would never occur.

This was our first visit to the area and we are moving there in a few weeks, but will probably not venture back here anytime soon. From what I can tell there must be 400 other restaurants to try instead.

Visited August 2011
Colorado
“Average at best, and their beers stink!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Nothing special about this place, and since they only serve their microbrews, kind of limited there. Especially with all the great micros in the Ft. Collins/Loveland area, to be limited to theirs basically keeps me from ever going back. Food is okay at best, prices are a smidge high.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Elwood, Nebraska
“Fairly decent, nice options, good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I won't go five stars because it's not the best food ever but I will go back; the menu has some choices with a different twist, the price wasn't horrible, and the service was great. I had the chicken fried chicken which would have been better without the gravy on top, but was still good, my wife thoroughly enjoyed the shanghai shrimp, the salads are nice sized with carrot, cucumber, egg and well-flavored croutons.

Visited June 2011
Colorado
“Expensive chain fare except during happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I do end up at this place about once a month because they have a decent happy hour and are close to the local theater.

However, I cannot figure out why this place is so popular in Loveland. It's so pricey yet always crowded. They do excel in customer service and serve big beers, but it's simply a huge chain restaurant with overpriced food. Yes, the food is good, but nothing special.

I'd only recommend this place during happy hour when they have great drink specials and food deals. Otherwise, it's a way overpriced and I'd recommend going somewhere local.

• Visited May 2011