“Clean, comfortable, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Ft. Collins, Colorado (Loveland)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Ft. Collins, Colorado (Loveland) to your Saves list
Value Place Ft. Collins, Colorado (Loveland)
3915 Peralta Dr, I-25 & East Crossroads Blvd., Loveland, CO 80538   |
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Loveland
Urbana, Illinois
“Clean, comfortable, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last few years and had nothing but positive experiences. The rooms are clean and comfortable and price is competitive for lodging that can be found in the Ft. Collins/Loveland area. The staff has always been courteous and attentive to meeting any personal needs and/or concerns that might arise. Guests at the hotel have easy access to I-25, restaurants and gas stations a short drive/walk from the front door, and a variety of places to shop within a short drive heading north, south, and to the west. There are sidewalks in the area, for those who like to get exercise by walking, and bike friendly paved roads, for others who like to ride their bikes. If this is the first time that you have stayed at an extended stay hotel, be sure to check out the information available on the web page to be familiar with the way this business operates. The business operations are similar to what you would expect when staying at some other extended stay hotels that are owned/operated by other companies.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are easy to access. If you want a room that is quieter, request a room on one of th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nathan B, Manager at Value Place Ft. Collins, Colorado (Loveland), responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our promise to you is Affordable, Cleaner, Safer, Simple and Flexible. You may be pleased to hear that since your visit we have installed wireless internet service with blazing fast speed and 32” flat screen TV’s throughout the property. We hope to see you again at Value Place Loveland.

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grecia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

For low cost just-under-a-week stay, Value Place Loveland worked out fine for me. The positive attributes of the place covered my priorities. After seeing poor reviews since a stay there two years ago, I phoned the manager with specific questions that he answered to my satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ralston, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My daughter stayed there while going to school. She became very ill and asked the front desk to call an ambulance. She was taken to a hospital where she stayed until she was well enough to return to her room. When she returned, she was evicted because she was irrational while asking for help. No return of rental fees or deposit. The front desk would be vacant for long periods of time. The cleaning staff threw her important papers away. In my opinion, like another reviewer, you would be better off staying in your car.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Lakewood, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The men at the front desk are only friendly when you are checking in. Very rude and unprofessional otherwise. Why aren't any women hired for the desk? In 2 weeks, I have met 4 different desk personnel. I called a good many motel/hotels for pricing. I specifically said I needed a room for the month (31 days) because my apartment would not be ready until the 1st of the following month. I explained I am comparing prices, so I need an exact amount. I was quoted $799.00, plus an add'l $100.00 deposit which would be returned at checkout, if there are no damages to the room. I asked about taxes, and he said $37 or $38 at the most. I drove all the way from the east coast to the west coast, just myself and my young child. We were tired, it was late, and I signed the papers without reading, which I never do. When I got to my room, I saw that I was charged add'l amounts of: $78.21 for city taxes , and $30 for the washing of the linens, total bill-$1007.21... I complained of the bait and switch tactics, and when I said I will wash my own linens(e.g. towels & sheets) in their laundry room at $2.00 a load, they refunded the $30, but not until the manager snidely stated: you should have been charged $4o for that, since you are staying for a month.
When I arrived, it appeared that either I had been given 1/2 a roll of toilet paper or a dollar store flimsy roll. After the 4th day, we ran out, so I went to the front desk to request more, and he said: Already?!! you are kidding me, and finally handed me a roll. After that, i buy my own! To top it off, they charge an outrageous $10 a week for internet in your room.
Also, I walked out to my car one day and realized my key card was in the room. When I explained this to the desk mngr, I asked for my 2nd keycard I was offered at the time of check in and only took one. He snottily replied: Next time you do that,(meaning get locked out) it will be $10.00! (Mind you, I am 55 yrs old, and not accustomed to being talked down to)
Since they are so incompetent, yesterday i went to the desk to make sure they have me down for 31 days instead of 30 (31 days in this mo) the front desk person tells me; oh,no, you are down for 28 days, that is considered a month.
no curtains!! only small slatted white mini blinds which not only let in tons of light at 5:30 am. There are numerous tack holes in the walls on either sides of the windows where apparently guests are tacking up their sheets for privacy and sleep. The bed is like sleeping on a brick. The bed underneath the mattress is like a cheap plywood or pressed wood which has a platform which goes straight down the middle, then crosses in the middle.You can feel the cross piece in your back, while lying down. The pillows are hard as well. It is a crap shoot every evening starting at 5:30, because guests can be different every night, or week. Lots of slamming doors, kids screaming, tvs blaring. There are 2 big dips in the driveway to the hotel from the road, and a huge gaping pothole covering 3/4 of the entrance to the parking lot. Very bad 1st impression. There is no change machine on site for laundry or vending machines. The front desk literally closes with a roll down window at 6 pm mon thru friday, saturday at 2 pm, and sunday they are closed. You can only call in an emergency if you need something.
The only nice thing I can say, is the housekeeping lady is very sweet and cheerful. She is also excellent at her job, this place is very clean.

Room Tip: keep the bathroom exhaust fan on all night to create white noise to drown out the highway sounds and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

There are pro's and cons to staying here. I'll list the drawbacks first (and there are many). The road leading up to the hotel has a huge pothole in it and announces right away that the staff isn't interested in providing a quality experience for their guests. The front desk is under-staffed and is only there about 30% of the time, even during office hours. However, I have found them to be freindly and accomodating, if somewhat unprofessional. There are some pretty interesting people staying at this hotel. You can tell some of them are down on their luck and transitioning, some of them are working out of town, and some of them appear to be homeless and strung out on drugs. Apparently there are gymnasts staying above me who practice their talents until 1:00am. You will also catch a vast array of fairly unpleasant odors when walking down the hallways and riding in the elevators. I brought my own towels and noticed a $10 per week towel charge on my bill which I had removed after the first week.

However, my room and all of the general areas are spotlessly clean. The water pressure is nothing impressive but gets and stays hot and all the kitchen appliances work well. There's a full size fridge in the room as well as 2 burners and a microwave. We're here for 3 weeks and I held out for a week before paying the outrageous $10 a week for internet (how hard would it be to provide wifi?) We're in the largest room with 2 beds and are paying $269 per week. Honestly, that's a really really decent rate for a clean, safe (cameras everywhere) room in an excellent location. It is what you make of it. Bring your own pillows and even the beds don't seem all that bad.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 4th floor you're guaranteed to have no gymnasts above you.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Aalst, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed at the ValuePlace for two times three weeks, while visiting the university of Fort Collins. It is a lot cheaper than anywhere in Fort Collins, but of course, there is a reason for the low price.

First of all, make sure you do not get a room at the side of the highway. The noise is terrible...On the other side of the building, it is ok.

It is nice that you can cook, but there are only two plates, and no decent ventilation, which severely limits what you can cook, since you have to sleep in the same room as where you cook. The windows cannot be opened fully, only for 10cm or so...Do not buy the 'dish pack' they offer, it is extremely bad quality. For the same amount of money, you probably can find a decent pot&pan.

The staff was, in my opinion, very helpful. They are not extremely friendly, but do what you expect them to do. E.g. I got an extra blanket, and when there was a problem with noisy neighbours, this was solved quickly by giving me another room. The office hours are not suited for people that have to go to work, but there is always a night manager for emergencies.

Expect to see some depressing sights, like people with little kids staying there permanently. On the plus side: when I was there, the place was very clean, I also appreciate the laundry facilities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Loveland, c
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

You would get a better value staying in your car! I am actually in my room now and discovered bloody, dirty, hairy sheets - at the bottom half of the bed sheets. There's hair all over the bathroom. What's worst, the office, to get help, is closed until 10:00 am tomorrow morning and I have no way of reaching management until then. So I certainly will not be getting any sleep tonight.
Office staff does not welcome you with a smile. They're quite short and do not like questions.
I didn't expect too much because of the price (except cleanliness and cordial employees), but if you decide to risk staying here, keep in mind you will need to bring everything... you will be provided with one tiny piece of soap, a couple grey (I'm sure they were once white) towels, and a half used toilet roll - which may be ok for one night - but you must buy a week's stay. I could go on and on.
Completely NASTY!

Room Tip: Don't stay! I have photos to share - but unable to submit by phone on this website. Will subm...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Value Place Ft. Collins, Colorado (Loveland)? Share your experiences!