The men at the front desk are only friendly when you are checking in. Very rude and unprofessional otherwise. Why aren't any women hired for the desk? In 2 weeks, I have met 4 different desk personnel. I called a good many motel/hotels for pricing. I specifically said I needed a room for the month (31 days) because my apartment would not be ready until the 1st of the following month. I explained I am comparing prices, so I need an exact amount. I was quoted $799.00, plus an add'l $100.00 deposit which would be returned at checkout, if there are no damages to the room. I asked about taxes, and he said $37 or $38 at the most. I drove all the way from the east coast to the west coast, just myself and my young child. We were tired, it was late, and I signed the papers without reading, which I never do. When I got to my room, I saw that I was charged add'l amounts of: $78.21 for city taxes , and $30 for the washing of the linens, total bill-$1007.21... I complained of the bait and switch tactics, and when I said I will wash my own linens(e.g. towels & sheets) in their laundry room at $2.00 a load, they refunded the $30, but not until the manager snidely stated: you should have been charged $4o for that, since you are staying for a month.
When I arrived, it appeared that either I had been given 1/2 a roll of toilet paper or a dollar store flimsy roll. After the 4th day, we ran out, so I went to the front desk to request more, and he said: Already?!! you are kidding me, and finally handed me a roll. After that, i buy my own! To top it off, they charge an outrageous $10 a week for internet in your room.
Also, I walked out to my car one day and realized my key card was in the room. When I explained this to the desk mngr, I asked for my 2nd keycard I was offered at the time of check in and only took one. He snottily replied: Next time you do that,(meaning get locked out) it will be $10.00! (Mind you, I am 55 yrs old, and not accustomed to being talked down to)
Since they are so incompetent, yesterday i went to the desk to make sure they have me down for 31 days instead of 30 (31 days in this mo) the front desk person tells me; oh,no, you are down for 28 days, that is considered a month.
no curtains!! only small slatted white mini blinds which not only let in tons of light at 5:30 am. There are numerous tack holes in the walls on either sides of the windows where apparently guests are tacking up their sheets for privacy and sleep. The bed is like sleeping on a brick. The bed underneath the mattress is like a cheap plywood or pressed wood which has a platform which goes straight down the middle, then crosses in the middle.You can feel the cross piece in your back, while lying down. The pillows are hard as well. It is a crap shoot every evening starting at 5:30, because guests can be different every night, or week. Lots of slamming doors, kids screaming, tvs blaring. There are 2 big dips in the driveway to the hotel from the road, and a huge gaping pothole covering 3/4 of the entrance to the parking lot. Very bad 1st impression. There is no change machine on site for laundry or vending machines. The front desk literally closes with a roll down window at 6 pm mon thru friday, saturday at 2 pm, and sunday they are closed. You can only call in an emergency if you need something.
The only nice thing I can say, is the housekeeping lady is very sweet and cheerful. She is also excellent at her job, this place is very clean.
- Also Known As:
- Value Place Loveland Hotel Loveland
- Value Place Loveland Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Value Place Loveland, CO is conveniently located just off I-25 & Crossroads Blvd. This property is ideally located just between Fort Collins and Loveland, just south of the new Budweiser Event Center and Larimer County Fairgrounds, and just to the north of all that Centerra has to offer. Loveland and Centerra offer everything you would expect from the best: shopping, dining, entertainment, recreation and more. Many major retailers are within 2 miles of Value Place Loveland. Known as both the "Gateway to the Rockies" and the “Sweetheart City”, Loveland is only minutes away from Boyd Lake State Park, Carter Lake, the Big Thompson Canyon, Devils Backbone or Estes Park. The hiking, biking, fishing and other outdoor options are endless! For sports fans, Colorado will not disappoint. Take in a local CSU or UNC athletic game, grab a seat for an exciting time at the Colorado Eagles, or head only 30 minutes south to catch the Broncos, Nuggets, Mammoth or Avalanche. If you want to be in the action, head to the ski slopes and enjoy the famous Colorado powder. If you’re looking for arts and culture, make sure to take in the art around town. Loveland was just named the "2nd Best Art Town in America" for its major art shows, foundries, and sculpture parks. Whether you’re in Loveland for work, medical reasons, vacationing or just passing through, Value Place Loveland is the ideal place to stay. Once you arrive, our friendly Value Place Loveland team will be happy to help you navigate around town. Just think of us as your guide to Loveland, CO.Value Place is a much better place Before you decide to stay at Value Place, we want you to be prepared—prepared for a better guest experience. What that means to us is a truly affordable, incredibly clean, safer, simple, flexible experience. And this is more than just a nice idea—it’s the Value Place promise. So how do we do it? By combining all the convenience of a hotel and all the essentials of an apartment. We’re a hybrid—and that makes us better than a hotel, an apartment or any other short-term or long-term housing accommodations you’ll find. Think about it—no extras padded into our price, no hidden fees. No lease to sign, no utilities to set up. And that’s just for starters. Find out how we’re different and what to expect when you’re here. What to expect when you arrive After a brief room tour, you’ll register, pay for the week plus a refundable $100 deposit, and agree to our house rules—which basically come down to common-sense policies that protect the privacy and security of each and every guest. Value Place is a family-friendly place, and children 17 and under stay free. To maintain a consistent guest experience at all of our properties we do have a No Pet Policy, except for service animals. Then we’ll show you to your guest room. It’s that easy. What to expect in your room Although Value Place offers several room choices, the essential features stay the same. You can always count on a simple but fully furnished studio with a kitchen that includes a full size refrigerator and freezer, a microwave, a two-burner stovetop and plenty of cabinet space. You’ll also find two drinking cups, a trash bag, a roll of bathroom tissue and a bar of soap to get you started—because at Value Place, we figure you’d rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. If you do want to take advantage of the additional amenities and services we offer—from kitchen cookware to high-speed Internet—they’re available anytime for your convenience for a minimal fee. There’s only one thing guests never seem to be completely prepared for—how astonishingly clean our rooms are. What to expect in and around our building All Value Place properties are newly constructed from the ground up and electronically locked 24/7. That means no one can access our interior-corridor entrances without a valid key card. (No exterior room doors here like at most discount hotels or extended stay motels.) Featuring at least eight cameras and a very well lit parking lot, we keep your safety in and out of the building in mind. All public areas are cleaned daily—including our well-lit parking lot. Beyond our commitment to cleanliness and safety, we also offer vending machines and an onsite laundry room for your convenience. What to expect from our team You won’t find a friendlier team anywhere. Our helpful staff—from Studio Attendants to the Property Manager—will make sure your guest experience is a positive one, whether you need something for your room or directions to the closest car repair shop. At Value Place, you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. In fact, some team members live onsite to uphold our rigorous cleaning and safety standards. What to expect at every Value Place When it comes to Value Place, you don’t have to compete with anyone for that perfect apartment or hunt for the best hotel deal in town—we’re always the better choice. At your typical extended stay motel, discount hotel or other short-term housing solution, guests have to give up something that really matters. Not here. At Value Place you will always receive an affordable price in a Cleaner, Safer, Simpler, and Flexible property. We’re about living better through better value. And that makes us the smarter choice. Best of all? We promise a consistently positive guest experience at every Value Place you visit. Explore Value Place locations or make a reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Value Place Loveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.