“Nice Hotel, Slick Tubs, Gross Pool & Spa !” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Cascade Ave, Loveland, CO 80538   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Loveland
AZ
“Nice Hotel, Slick Tubs, Gross Pool & Spa !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stay at this hotel a couple times a year when we visit relatives in Loveland. It's a nice hotel as long as you understand that the tubs are slick and pickup a tub mat when you check in. They recently had the tubs refinished and they are slick. The last time I was there I was injured when I slipped in the slick tub. So we made sure we asked for the tub mats. Also, the swimming pool was mirky and cloudy. The spa (hot tub) had hair balls floating around. I've owned and maintained a pool and spa for over eight years so I know how to properly maintain them. I took one look at that pool and spa water and refused to go in. Other then these issues it's a nice hotel with comfortable beds and pillows. I rated them down because of these issues.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I liked the location of the hotel, I was traveling with a co-worker and suggested that we stay there, Big mistake, they did not have the same price for both rooms that were the same.
Inter net service was bad on the second floor and was told by staff to use the "la quinta 2" and it was not any better, I used a hard wire and still no better, Next day I called the front desk and asked about the internet and was told " well sometimes it is good and sometimes it is not" and was told that it worked fine at the front desk area. REALLY WOW..... Friday the Only person that services breakfast did not show up. The front desk guy did his best to get things out I can say that. I checked out and stayed over at the Residence in at the Marriot Loveland.... what an awesome place.. I recommend it. Folks you get what you pay for that is for sure.. Voted #1 in Loveland?? sad.., I was born and raised in Loveland.. Not a good experience

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Loveland. The closest hotel was the La Quinta. They were filled for the first night, but not the second. I asked them to let us know if there was a cancellation. We received a confirmation the next day (Good). As stated in a previous review, the front desk personnel were courteous, but not friendly(Kinda Bad). Our room was not cleaned the first day. Beds were not made, the bathroom not refreshed. It was obvious that a housekeeper did not come in the room. We had left a tip for the maid. It was still on the dresser when we returned that evening (Bad). The hotel was in a nice setting, the beds were very comfortable, and the room was clean and attractive when we first arrived (Good).
We might try them again, if rates are reduced during the off season.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a good view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tawas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The hotel is nice, clean. Front desk folks are so-so. They don't greet you unless you say hi first. Not very welcoming. Don't get me wrong, they are friendly once YOU initiate the conversation. Housekeeping, need to improve. I found food in the microwave. I reported a possible short in the lighting/lamp the first day, wasn't fixed till we left the 5th day. Gave us 1 tiny shampoo bottle for 4 (2 kids and 2 adults). nice hotel but they need to know their guest and anticipate their needs.

Room Tip: close to RMNP without the high price of estes park
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here last month for 5 days with all plans being to visit RMNP. It was a beautiful hotel, with great amenities. There was an issue with the WIFI during our stay but they did get it fixed the night before we left. Breakfast was great. Service was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spotless. A little disappointed with the restaurant. Out of the beer we preferred, Coors. and out of fish when we wanted the Fish Tacos. We would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the Mountains.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Strasburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Everything was very good at this LQ. A couple of things I noticed: There was a stain on the comforter, it looked like wine. There were also some stains on the carpet but the carpet appeared to be clean.
Breakfast was satisfactory, save for the powdered scrambled eggs and the floppy bacon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland? Share your experiences!