“Warning ! SLICK bathtubs” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Cascade Ave, Loveland, CO 80538   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Loveland
AZ
“Warning ! SLICK bathtubs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this LaQuinta Inn. The 1st time was a good experience. However, this time the bathtub was so slick my wife almost fell and said she couldn't take a shower. I went downstairs to get a bathtup mat. I was told that they recently refinished all the bathtubs. The bathtub mat isn't big enough to cover the entire tub so when I took a shower my foot sliipped into the tub drain stopper and injured the side of my foot causing it to bleed. The next morning the mat wouldn't even stick. It slipped around on the bottom of the tub. We were lucky there was two of us so I could go down and get a mat. I can't imagine what a single guest would do when they get into the shower and find it's so slick they can't take a shower. They'd have to get out, get dressed, then go downstairs to get a bath tub mat. My advice to anyone that stays at this hotel is to get a bathtub mat when you check in. We travel to the area five times a year and we won't be staying at this hotel again. We can't afford to break a hip in a slick bathtub. I can't believe that LaQuinta would refinish their tubs with something so slick.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was easily of the nicest properties in the La Quinta chain we've stayed in. After attending an evening program in Rocky Mountain National Park, we drove about an hour east to this hotel in order to get a good start heading towards home the next morning. The room was clean, quiet, and very nice. Unlike most of the other La Quinta locations we've visited, the breakfast dining room was spacious and there were plenty of seats. At other locations, we've had to wait for a table. In addition to the chain's usual spread of cold cereal, pastries, and the waffle maker, this one also had some hot items including sausage and bacon. Our stay was short, but we were pleased and wished we had time to experience some of the hotel's other amenities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I booked this hotel based on previous positive reviews, and I have to say that the whole experience was great. All of the staff members were friendly and professional, including the front desk, housekeeping, and the woman who was responsible for the breakfast. The place is brightly decorated, clean in the main areas and immaculate in the rooms. I would describe the room as medium-large. The bed was pleasantly firm, with clean linens and comforter. Breakfast includes all of the usual continental items and also hot items depending upon the occupancy level - the first day I was there it was scrambled eggs and bacon, and the second there were sausage patties and biscuits and gravy in addition. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area. By the way, the whole hotel is non-smoking and they do get after violators.

concerned about being professional, including front desk, house keeping, and the woman who managed the breakfast room and the food,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

The young lady who greeted us was very friendly. Our room was very nice clean and comfortable. Beautiful view of the mountains. Excellent value for the $$$

• Stayed November 2011
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I travel with dogs, and so we are used to inexpensive down-market motels. They don't bother me unless they are unclean. My husband booked this hotel using BringFido.com, and he really hit the jackpot. The room is what I would expect of a 3 or 4 star hotel. Sumptuous bedding, and although I haven't slept in it yet, I'm sure we'll have a good night's sleep.

Thanks, La Quinta, for allowing dogs in such a nice hotel. It's not often that I get spoiled when travelling with my canine companions.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had a staff meeting at the La Quinta for 12 people. The accommodations were excellent and the staff was helpful and friendly. The rates were very reasonable and breakfast was great.
It is in a very nice location on the west side of town, close to Estes.
The restaurant was closed for renovation when we were there. When it is done it will add more to the value of the hotel.
I recommend this hotel without qualifications.

Room Tip: The west side of the hotel overlooks the foothills and affords a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel recently. It's one of the best La Quinta Inns. Very clean, great rates, and they don't use toxic air fresheners, which is a plus for the chemically sensitive. Beautiful hotel, professional staff, and very nice rooms. Wish they had some gluten-free options for breakfast, but other than that, a wonderful experience. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland? Share your experiences!