Unfortunately, my family and I stayed at this hotel for an extended period this summer while I was on a business trip. 2 days into our stay, we attempted to find lodging elsewhere but no other hotels in the area we had to stay in had availability for the full length of time I needed it. However, when I stopped at one of the hotels across the street to check their availability, I mentioned that I was currently staying at the Best Western and they immediately knew that I was looking to relocate to another hotel. Apparently, this is a common occurrence and they get a good amount of business from guests from the Best Western checking out early.
After getting checked in, our room keys didn't work, our phone didn't work and the t.v remotes didn't work. The room was appallingly small and shabby. In addition, there were no hand towels or washcloths and only two bath towels. It was clear the room had not been cleaned - whiskers in the sink, hair in the tub, "something" on the toilet seat, small bits of trash on the floor. Thoroughly grossed out, we checked the sheets just to be safe although it was made up and appeared to be prepped for the next guest. Sure enough, there were stray hairs on the pillow cases and in the bed. Of course we requested another room but were told that it wouldn't be "as big" as this one! Mind you, the sofa bed could not even be folded out in the space available in the sitting area. We had to put the coffee table out in the hall to be able to make up my daughter's bed. We later bought a small air mattress so we didn't have to fold out the couch. That way, we were able to leave the coffee table ON THE SOFA while my daughter slept on the air mattress on the floor.
The free "breakfast" is a joke - I travel a great deal and have never seen such a poor offering. With the exception of the guy at the FD when we first checked in (bless his heart, he tried...) the rest of the staff could just as easily have been on vacation for all the value they brought to the property. Guests were routinely lied to about services and amenities. For example, the card reader on the outside door right outside our room didn't work when we first arrived. We reported it to the FD and were told that they had ordered the parts and that it would be 2 or 3 days at the most for it to be fixed. 5 days later, another family near us reported to the FD that the card reader wasn't working and were given the exact same line. The hot tub wasn't working and one of the other guest reported it to a staff member at the pool and was told they had ordered the parts and that it would be 2 or 3 days at the most for it to be fixed - sound familiar? It would appear that when something breaks down, they don't bother fixing it but just tell the guests they've ordered the parts and it'll be 2 or 3 days... Most guests don't stay as long as we did so they'd never notice.
This was an absolutely dreadful hotel to stay at and I informed my colleagues that if I had to stay there again for my next business trip that I would not be coming at all. Fortunately, my company removed this hotel from it's hotel directory and won't be considering it for future travelers.
Save yourselves the headache, discomfort and frustration of a truly sub par hotel. Stay anywhere but here. The only thing they have going for them is a fantastic location in a beautiful area.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Louisville Hotel
- Best Western Plus Louisville Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Louisville Hotel Louisville
- Quality Inn Louisville
- Louisville Quality Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly upgraded internet with the fastest speeds in town! Our rooms and suites are recently remodeled and we offer microwaves and refrigerators in all of our rooms.Enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast each morning with waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, along with all our other yummy offerings.Featuring 110 cable channels on our flat panel 32 inch TV's as well as free and pay per view movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Best Western, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisville Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.