“Easy to find better italian in the same area.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Easy to find better italian in the same area.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This restaurant was just across the street from our hotel and who can resist the words mozzarella bar? The hostesses were nowhere to be seen initially. A scared looking waitress asked us how many but didn't know the correct procedure. The hostess eventually came along and without greeting us, led our party to a table. I should insert here also that her skirt was short enough to make a sailor blush and wasn't anywhere close to passing the fingertip rule. I'm no prude, but that's just tacky at a family eatery. There were so many waiters rushing around serving all tables at once that it was hard to discern which waiter was actually ours. The food ranged from warm to outright cold and chewy, was way over salted, was way over priced and way under portioned. Ambiance...meh. I won't be eating here again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Denver, CO
“Enjoyed first visit..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I went for an early Valentine's dinner and were very surprised. While the restaurant is located in s strip mall and is a little unassuming, the interior decor was fresh and pleasant. We had a reservation on a Wednesday night and when we arrived we were seated immediately. We we a little surprised how busy it was but the noise level was not overpoweing. The food from appetizers, to salads, to main course, through to desserts was excellent. One thing they could improve on was slowing down a bit. I felt a little rushed and on my next visit I will delay ordering the maincourse until the appetizer arrives. That way things will be paced a little better. Service was excellent. We will be back to enjoy other options from their large selection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Don't really know what all the fuss is about. My server was very nice, but my entree came out before the salad I ordered, the four cheese sauce she recommended was too salty, and they charged me $4 extra to accommodate what I thought was a pretty straightforward request. The wine, bread, and salad were all quite good. I would not come back; I prefer Via Toscana and Zucca.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

A friend of my wife told us about this place. Said food was good and prices were reasonable. Decided to give it a try for dinner. Arrived @ 4:30 and got right in we were seated at a table by the fireplace. Not a high end setting, but not a low end either (casual) Service was fast and good. They have a happy hour with food and drink specials. But we decided to try the food that was not offered on Happy Hour. We order four appetizers, The olives, shrimp scampi and two orders of bruschetta. All orders were a little small for four but the taste was excellent.We all had a glass of red house wine and two beers. For dinner we each tried something different. Linguine Scampi, Pollo Al Mattone, Penne Arrabbiata and the house special for the night slow cooked beef ribs. All four were well prepared and the flavoring was right on. We were very impressed. We also had coffee and desert after dinner(Cream Brulee, Cannoli and Pere Al Cioccolato) Total bill was with tip was about $160.00. I do believe you can eat cheaper if you stuck with the happy hour menu. But I do suggest you try the different items on the menu. Overall a great visit and I highly recommend a visit and hope you have a great experience.Visit there web site at www.parmamozzarellabar.com and check out the menu and prices before you visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Erie, Colorado
“My happy birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Loved the food. We had a deal for wine and apps. so tried several and they were all good. Service was good and friendly.
I can't remember what I had, but remember thinking I'd like to go back...I'm always looking for Gluten Free AND vegetarian options, which limits my options.

Visited September 2012