“not that great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Don't really know what all the fuss is about. My server was very nice, but my entree came out before the salad I ordered, the four cheese sauce she recommended was too salty, and they charged me $4 extra to accommodate what I thought was a pretty straightforward request. The wine, bread, and salad were all quite good. I would not come back; I prefer Via Toscana and Zucca.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

A friend of my wife told us about this place. Said food was good and prices were reasonable. Decided to give it a try for dinner. Arrived @ 4:30 and got right in we were seated at a table by the fireplace. Not a high end setting, but not a low end either (casual) Service was fast and good. They have a happy hour with food and drink specials. But we decided to try the food that was not offered on Happy Hour. We order four appetizers, The olives, shrimp scampi and two orders of bruschetta. All orders were a little small for four but the taste was excellent.We all had a glass of red house wine and two beers. For dinner we each tried something different. Linguine Scampi, Pollo Al Mattone, Penne Arrabbiata and the house special for the night slow cooked beef ribs. All four were well prepared and the flavoring was right on. We were very impressed. We also had coffee and desert after dinner(Cream Brulee, Cannoli and Pere Al Cioccolato) Total bill was with tip was about $160.00. I do believe you can eat cheaper if you stuck with the happy hour menu. But I do suggest you try the different items on the menu. Overall a great visit and I highly recommend a visit and hope you have a great experience.Visit there web site at www.parmamozzarellabar.com and check out the menu and prices before you visit.

• Visited December 2012
Erie, Colorado
“My happy birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Loved the food. We had a deal for wine and apps. so tried several and they were all good. Service was good and friendly.
I can't remember what I had, but remember thinking I'd like to go back...I'm always looking for Gluten Free AND vegetarian options, which limits my options.

Visited September 2012
Denver, CO
“Great food, lunch service setup is a bit odd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been here twice for lunch and the food's been fantastic both times. The first time I ordered the spaghetti carbonara -- carbonara is a dish that a lot of Italian restaurants have trouble with, as getting the sauce (based on raw eggs) cooked just enough without having it solidifying. Parma got the sauce just right.

On the second visit I had the Polenta Gamberi. The sauce was rich and thick, almost Indian-like in the intensity of its flavor. Very, very good.

Both times I went was with groups from work, and everyone was very happy with their food. Ordering at lunch is a little odd as you have to get in line and order (and pay) at the bar, and you're given a number that you bring back to your table and are left to fill your own drink. So the food is fairly high-end yet the lunch service is a bit like Carl Junior's or Jason's Deli.

• Visited November 2012
Louisville, Colorado
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stumbled upon Parma when trying to go to the Mexican restaurant a few doors down. Nice atmosphere and fabulous food. We have been back a number of times for lunch and dinner. I have to say that the service was the reason for the 4 star and not 5 star review. It seems as though each of the servers we had would be attentive for the first half of our meal and then disappear for the second half while we waited with empty plates in front of us. Normally I am extremely picky about that kind of service. Since the food was so great we'll keep going back in hopes of a more professional service experience.

• Visited August 2012