“Loved this place - will be back... : )” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Plaza Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Ken Pratt Boulevard, Longmont, CO 80501 (Formerly Plaza Hotel Longmont)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Longmont
Loveland, CO
“Loved this place - will be back... : )”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I generally don't give reviews for places that I stay and would probably give a bad review before giving a great one. I hope that comment alone speaks volumes. This hotel becomes my favorite for the region and one I will regularly schedule myself to stay at while in Colorado. Overall, I was more than just pleasantly surprised with my stay ... I was truly impressed with the overwhelming quality of the hotel and its staff. Very, very nice!!! : )

Room Tip: Pay the little extra to go for the mini-suites.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Longmont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We love this hotel. We've stayed at this particular hotel every time we've visited Longmont. The hotel staff is friendly, the hotel rooms are always very comfortable -- oh, and sleep number beds?! Yes Please! There are several restaurants within walking distance. I won't stay anywhere else when visiting Longmont.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

stacy_rosener, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty! It’s wonderful to read that we continue to make such a good impression on you each time you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!
Longmont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The stay was a most enjoyable week end. From the check in process and staff, to the access of the room, to the dining experience at the House of Q / BBQ and Brew restaurant facility and their great food, to the sleep number beds and sound sleep, to the great morning breakfast, to the check out process and staff; all were contributors to a great stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

What a pleasure it is to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects our hotel and restaurant, House of Q BBQ and Brew! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!
Gros Ilet, Gros-Islet, St. Lucia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent 3 nights. I'm in Longmont a lot and have had this hotel on my list to try. I was not happy that the 3 nights I needed were priced much higher than normal for the days I needed but the reviews made it seem like a must try.

Hotel was fine. I booked an Executive King and ended up in a room just outside the Executive wing right at the elevators. Called down to confirm this was an Executive King and was told that my card would allow access to the Executive wing and all but really... shouldn't an executive king actually be in the Executive wing as stated on their website? I didn't appreciate the elevator noise and conversations in the hallway at all. My fault for not insisting on an executive king as described on website.

The room was very clean. VERY clean. Sleep number bed was nice. Hated the bench in the shower as you cannot back up to shower properly. Nice shower head.

My room stayed under 70 degrees no matter what I did and the heating unit was very loud. I walked in one day and it said it was 77 degrees yet it was so chilly I had to stay under the covers.

I was excited they still offer lotion along with shampoo and conditioner. A lot of hotels have stopped the lotion.

Also - was told the onsite restaurant House of Q, also provided room service. I planned on this one night when I had an extended work session. Got to the hotel, called to order and girl that answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about and said they certainly did NOT do room service for the hotel, yet I was staring at it right there on the flyer BW hands out when you check in. What a disappointment!

Overall, for $80-90 a night this hotel is a pretty good deal. For $125-140 I got stuck with, I'd go with some of the newer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you reserve an executive king, insist it be one in the executive wing. Too noisy by elevator and...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. It is disappointing to learn that we did not make a better impression but we thank you for your feedback and hope that one day we can welcome you back and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visit Longmont periodically throughout the year and I've stayed at a few different places in the immediate area. I'm not picky at all so I usually base my choice purely on price. This place was the cheapest or at least just a few dollars more than the cheapest (at the time). The place in general was very nice, the rooms were fantastic and up to date. And the breakfast in the morning was better than some I have seen at hotels that cost 2-3 times as much. And every staff person I met was extremely helpful.
The hotel shares a parking lot with Old Chicago on one side and a BBQ/Brewery on the other. So great choices and you don't have to drive. This will def be my hotel of choice when going to Denver/Longmont.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
It’s wonderful to find that you found our rooms to be fantastic, our team members to be extremely helpful and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. I look forward to sharing your comments with our Team!
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading reviews on TA, we signed on for a 7-night stay through BW.com and received a very good rate for such a quality hotel. This was a leisure trip to spend time with family and friends in the area.

Our reception and inprocessing by Alex was friendly and efficient. He explained aspects of available rooms and put us into a room in the rear of the hotel in what they call the "Executive Wing." We saw no clear advantage of the "Executive" status and the special lounge in that wing was closed the entire time we were there. But, the room was stellar! It was a two-bed room and was absolutely huge. The Sleep Number beds were just fine, but nothing special in our book. The bedding is fabulous with crisp linens and comfortable duvets. Too many shams, though, with no good place to cleanly set them aside. We ended up stacking ours on a clean towel in a corner of the room, and after the third day the maid began leaving them there.

The TV is a nice and large flat-screen model and there are lots of channels delivered by DirectTV. The remote is supplied in its own "clean bag" but had weak batteries. Spinning the batteries solved that problem, though.

The room had a wet bar with a big mirror and a Kuerig coffee maker. We didn't brew anything in our room, but it was good to know the hotel makes the effort to provide quality coffee in the rooms. The under-counter refrigerator is spacious and quiet.

The bathroom basin is in its own little room separate from the toilet/shower room. There is a lot of horizontal work and storage space, and a wall mirror my wife loved having. There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The towels were just fine and lots of towels and wash cloths are provided. The basin area is brightly lighted and easy to use.

The toilet/shower room is adequate but VERY dimly lighted with a single recessed R30 lamp of apparent low wattage. The bathroom fan is very quiet and the stall shower has a wand and very good water pressure.

The closet is fitted with a balky fully mirrored bifold door arrangement that always scraped the sleeves of hanging clothes. There is no light in the closet, making it a bit difficult to use the wall safe inside the closet. Lots of hangers were provided.

The breakfasts are spectacular with the usual beverages and breads for toasting. There are four cold cereal selections and two types of milk in coolers. Two waffle makers are provided and two types of batter. There is always fresh fruit and cold yogurts available too. Each day there were different hot entrees--always some sort of egg dish and breakfast meats. The eggs came in the form of simple scrambled, scrambled with onions and peppers (delicious!), Benedict style, Spanish sauced, or in the form of a breakfast burrito. The egg dish and meats were different every day for a week and always warm, good, and tasty. Real dishes and silverware are provided, along with disposable items as a choice. The "breakfast ladies" were friendly and helpful and kept the place very clean and tables quickly cleared for more guests to come.

It is hard to imagine a more comfortable hotel and breakfast arrangement in this category of hotel. Adequate convenient parking could be an issue with a full census in the hotel, but some sort of spaces were always available during our stay.

Both the wife and I give this property very high marks and we'll be sure to stay there again on our next visit to the area. They try very hard to make it a high-quality property and it works!

Room Tip: They all seemed alike to me, and there is little truck traffic in the area so I don't really kno...
Green Features: Soaps, shampoo, and lotions were all eco-friendly. I did not notice anywhere separate bins for trash and recyclables.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy so much while staying at the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel. We truly appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again!
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the nicest Best Western motels I've encountered. Great service . . . beginning at the front desk and carrying over to every other area . The room was wonderful and the morning breakfast menu was remarkable. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We can't thank you enough for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay. It is our hope to provide experiences like yours to all of our guests and we are happy we were able to exceed your expectations. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!