“Horrible Ownership” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Longmont

You added Travelodge Longmont to your Saves list
Travelodge Longmont
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3820 Highway 119, Highway 119 and I-25, Longmont, CO 80501 (Formerly Longmont-Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Longmont
Denver, Colorado
“Horrible Ownership”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My colleague and I stayed at the Days Inn in Longmont the last part of September due to a rain storm, we were not at all pleased at the entrance to the hotel to start with, but really had no other choice since that was the only hotel we saw on our way through. Once we got to our room, the smell was atrocious. I asked for a non-smoking room, and this room smelled like someone was standing next to me smoking. I went back to the front desk to ask for another room. Next room, the bed had little black bugs in the sheets when i pulled the blankets back. Went back up to the front desk and asked to be put somewhere as far away from the room as possible. 3rd room has smoke smell as well and it was filthy. All the rooms were filthy. I don't know what kind of housekeeping service this place has, but they are awful! The carpets were stained to the point where i wouldn't even wear socks on them.
The management at the desk did not seem to care or be concerned about bed bugs, the smell or any of the issues that i told him about. I ended up sleeping in my car. I will never, ever stay at a Days Inn again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Morrison, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed here for a few nights, VERY clean, and the staff is super friendly! Going to stay here next time I visit!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

The staff here was very friendly and personable. They made my stay extremely comfortable. Top if off with a clean lobby and room! The breakfast was fresh, which you don't find everywhere. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Hallway to my room stunk of cigarette smoke. If it weren't so late and I weren't so tired I would have left. The carpet in the room was dirty and stained. I did not want to walk in my bare feet. When I pulled back the comforter the sheet had a red spot and they looked like they had been slept in. The sheets looked worn and thin and did not fit the bed. I say the counter man and he said they only looked that way because they did not have time to iron the sheets. I was so tired and went back to the room and looked at them again and still they absolutely looked slept in. I was too tired to pursue the issue and slept on top of the blanket instead which was probably questionable too. I had to sleep in a fleece jacket because I did not trust the comforter either. The sink faucet was difficult to use. The lamp switches were missing. There were holes in the bath wall where maybe a previou shower curtain rod used to be. The holes appeared to have mold or just black dirt. Under the sink was also damaged. The bathroom switch was incoveniently located BEHIND the door so you had to stumble in the dark to find the switch. In the morning while in the lobby suddenly a load of dirty towels fell through a chute in the ceiling and lay on the floor of the lobby. No one was there to pick them up. Strange location for this. I was so anxious to leave in the morning and would not permit myself to use the shower or anything else. Morning food service ended prior to checkout time so as not allowing a person to sleep in. Not that I slept. Smoke detector was directly above my bed so I had the light directly above me. I could hear the people in the next room talking. My opinion is that this was a flea bag motel and would NOT recommend it to anyone. I have stayed at other Days Inn which were just fine but Days Inn should be ashamed to have their name associated with this facility. What a high price for a substandard facility.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Gillette, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

The first thing we noticed was the broken table. We called the night desk clerk. He came up and looked at it, said he would find us another one and didn't. Then we needed a phone book. There wasn't one in the room, but there was a stack of them downstairs by the desk. Then we were going to put bottled water in the fridge. It wasn't turned on, and smelled very sour. The clock was unplugged, when I plugged it in, it made horrible noise so we unplugged it again. The sheets had hair on them, when the night clerk came to change them, he only changed the bottom one, not the top or pillowcases. There was a used towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. His words about the room were, "those Mexican maids...."(he was foreign born, not English as a first language speaker)
In the morning, when we were checking out, I listed my complaints to the day desk clerk. He was horrible. Didn't accept any of our problems as his, but blamed it on the night desk clerk and the maids. He was rude to me and told me "I don't like your attitude," He was barefoot and dressed in sweat pants and a t-shirt. He never said he was sorry we had a bad stay. He wouldn't give me his name, but I reported the problems to the main Days Inn via email.
Hopefully they will at least say they are sorry for our poor service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Days Inn Longmont, 3820 hwy 119 Longmont. CO 80501. We booked online for an overnight stay and requested for an extension till 2:00 pm which can be done at the website. Upon checking-in at 5:38 pm on July 17, we confirmed with the receptionist at the front desk that we would be asking for an extension till 2pm the next day which she acknowledged because it showed in their computer. The following day, July 18 at 11:10 AM I received a call saying that the check out time is 11:00am which we knew, so I tried to explain to him that we already arranged for an extension but he wouldn't listen. To my surprise, the caller in a rude and already upset tone said "NO! NO! NO! Get out now!" so I went down to the lobby to check who this person was and found out that he is the owner and manager, his name is Abdul. When I tried to get his full name, that was the time everything got worse, he was yelling at me in the lobby to get the hell out of his hotel. I was shocked, I told him that it was not the proper way to deal with the situation. The owner then threatened to call the police, I said go ahead, then he said in my face that he is a Police, the cleaner beside me said he was not. and he still continued his rant saying "Get the hell out of my hotel!" and the real reason he is kicking me out that there was no one available to clean the room at 2pm. So I went back to the room helplessly crying packing our things, I called 911 to report everything then check-out and stayed at taco bell beside the Hotel, so i could find a phone book and call a cab because my husband has the car which he drove to the testing center for an exam 6 miles away and was supposedly be back to pick me up at 2pm. The good thing was a good samaritan offered me a ride to where my husband was and I had the spare key to the car.

We had been to numerous hotels both high end and affordable around the world, but this was the worst experience we have ever had. Especially from an owner who was supposed to be making sure their clients have a pleasant stay. This owner should train in client relations. Way to run a business Abdul!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Longmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We found the amount we spent, .. for our night away from home --- was more than reasonable for what we got, and very much worth it. We plan to return again, and suggest it to family members. Upon check-in we were greeted warmly, and showed to our room.

Upon entering the room we found it clean, & very spacious and everything imaginable was there including a fan above the bed. We like to sleep with a fan, and were thrilled to find that the room included a Ceiling Fan.

The TV's reception was wonderful, so we relaxed by watching some great TV, then after eating dinner we went down stairs and enjoyed the indoor pool, and hot tub. Such a perfect evening for a romantic night away.

Everything in the pool and hot tub area, ... was clean and very well maintained.

The Continental Breakfast, the following morning finished off a wonderful stay. The breakfast was served in such beautiful surroundings. All in all a wonderful experience. Who would have thought one could spend so little to have such a wonderful evening.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Longmont? Share your experiences!