So many things to say about this restaurant:
- Great menu, with lots of imagination & variety - definitely not your standard set of dishes you see at most hotel restaurants
- An emphasis on organic and farm-to-fork sourcing - they are looking to use locally-produced goods as much as possible
- The chef came out to chat with us - he grew up in Colorado, but has received top-notch training in NYC - his menu and cooking style show a definite French influence, which he acknowledged when we asked him about it. But, he's trying to bring a Colorado feel to his cooking style, and that shows, too
- With each main course, the menu shows suggestions for a wine, beer, and cocktail pairing - I have never seen that anywhere else, and the cocktail I had with the mushroom risotto was terrific
- It has a somewhat formal look to the place, but the atmosphere is very intentionally laid back and casual - in other words, it's Colorado - we take ourselves seriously, but not too much
- Longmont is not where you'd expect to find a restaurant this fine and imaginative, but it's worth the trip to try it out
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.