“Great food, Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: Burgers!
Description: Burgers!
Normal, Illinois
“Great food, Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Outstanding burgers and bottomless root beer floats. What more could you ask for? Always a great place to eat.

Visited December 2013

Charlevoix, Michigan
“A cut above bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Considering that this is a chain restaurant / bar and expectations are in line with what it is, I would not hesitate to return for a very casual outing. Food was OK, atmosphere acceptable and the service extraordinary. Our waitress was friendly and efficient and someone who I assumed to be the manager stopped by our table very briefly twice to make sure we were being taken care of. We were there mid-week and when we left there were a number of people waiting to be seated so they seem to be popular for the casual dinner crowd. You can get plenty to eat for under $15 not including a bar tab. Just don't buy the "gourmet" logo cuz that is a stretch at best. Burgers are good but they are burgers - better than fast food but still. . . .

Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Gourmet? I Don't Think So.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I first started writing reviews on Trip Advisor I told myself that I was going to avoid writing about “chain restaurants”. I do not consider the large majority of them to be worthy of any kind of review. The food served in these types of establishments is very much the same, regardless of menu description or restaurant cuisine. Seriously, when was the last time you saw mashed potatoes on the menu at one of these places that wasn’t listed as “Garlic Mashed Potatoes”? (Most steak-houses now do this.) This is their feeble attempt to cover up the fact that they do not use fresh potatoes, but instead use boxed dehydrated potato flakes. The garlic is added to give some semblance of flavor.

Red Robin does something similar with many of their burgers, only they add caramelized onions or deep fried onion crispy-things. This is to give their tasteless burger meat some flavor.
Recently, I tried their “Oktoberfest Bürger, a fire-grilled burger topped with Black Forest ham, Swiss cheese, tangy beer-mustard sautéed onions and crisp lettuce on a perfectly toasted pretzel bun”. What I assumed was to be a taste sensation, (see my review of Prime 16 in CT,) what I got instead was two slices of bun that had no more flavor than a regular slice of store-brand bread, and cardboard hamburger meat so completely covered in caramelized onions that no other flavor was present. Yeeech !!!

These restaurants, and I’m not just singling out Red Robin, but all chain restaurants, use the cheapest way to add flavor to their terribly tasteless food. Throw enough garlic or onions on it and maybe no one will notice.

This particular Red Robin now serves their French Fries in a cute silver cup, an obviously transparent attempt to proclaim their restaurant as ‘gourmet’. If the trade off is no more sliced fresh potatoes, I would rather have my French Fries served on a paper plate. Keep the pretty chrome chalice, Red Robin, and give me something with some real flavor!!!

I’ll finish up: the service was pretty good, but it was really noisy inside the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Longmont, Colorado
“Going Downhill? Hope not.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It had been a while since we ate at this restaurant, so I was excited to go back, as this is what I consider to be my favorite burger joint. I was a bit disappointed, and I really hope it was just an anomaly. We had the onion ring tower, and they were very good. The burgers were as they normally are, but the new one I tried (chili burger) was a bit bland. I wish I had gone with something else. We ordered the mac and cheese for the kids (3 of them) and each one came out looking completely different from one another. One had some odd-shaped noodles and very little sauce, and the other two had similar noodles, just not very many, and were swimming in sauce, almost like a soup. Our waitress offered to bring some additional noodles, which worked out ok since our kids like plain noodles, but it would have been better to just get three new orders. We have been ordering the kids mac and cheese at this restaurant for years and years and it has always been consistent, this time was a true disappointment, and was hopefully just a one-off problem.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Longmont, Colorado
“Used to be great, but going down hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Red Robin in Longmont used to have a great selection of burgers, really fun friendly staff, and a good value. However in the last year or so the menu has shrunken significantly, the music is BLASTING and the servers are all fighting with each other and letting the customers see it. When they opened and for a while RR was one of our favorite places to eat, not so much any more. Each time we go back it seems to get worse.

Visited January 2013