“It hasn't changed” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Montrose, Colorado
“It hasn't changed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We haven't been to an Olive Garden in over two years, but went to this one because it was close to the hotel where were staying. It's nice to know that it hasn't changed. If you want reservations, go to a hoi palloi restaurant. We like this precisely because you don't need reservations. We walked in on a Tuesday night and were immediately seated. The waitstaff was prompt and friendly. If you want unique food, or a place that accommodates people with special diets, go somewhere else.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Golden, Colorado
“Olive Garden Lakewood Colorado”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

As you know, this is a popular national chain with many outlets. The food is consistent in four different outlets coast-to-coast, which must be no small trick but I give them only an average rating for these reasons: (a) The food does not grab your attention as it should for a chain this size. (b) They will not accept reservations. (c) they just barely tolerate vegetarians and vegans.

Come on Olive Garden! This is the 21st century! If you cannot go meatless with conviction, how will you accomodate low salt, gluten free, kosher and so on?

The prices are steep for slightly bettter than average Italian food. The variety is excellent. The appetizer range is awesome. The wine pairings are, as the Italians say, "Felissima!"

The ambience is barely acceptable - far a chain this size, and noise level is high. I will go back only if the rest of the crowd wants to.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“Always reliable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Normally chains are what they are: same food, different town. Usually "good" but never "great." Olive Garden seems to be the exception!
My family of five went for my birthday Monday night. It's the one restaurant we can all agree on. Everyone from the 10 year old on up loves the unlimited salad. Service was awesome and I appreciate that you can get everything from the traditional spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna to newer, fresher dishes with grilled fish or chicken.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado, USA
“Better than Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We came to the Olive Garden in search for mussels. This restaurant was efficient and friendly. Our waiter was extremely attentive and did well to anticipate our every need. We will be back due to great value and friendly service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado
“Always an Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've never had a bad experience at this location. I've dined here for many years, always for lunch - mostly weekdays and always with good friends. It's one of my favorite places to dine with friends. The food is always fresh and promptly served, the waitstaff, is well trained, attentive, and friendly. I have dined here weekdays primarily, but more than a few times on the weekend - I've dined when it's crowded and when it's not so full; all aspects are always's excellent. This is probably the best run and consistent Olive Garden franchise I've ever visited and I've visited many through out the west or the nation for that matter.

I fully and unreservedly recommend this restaurant to anyone - I ate there with an old friend on Tuesday of this week - we had a long and relaxing visit and as usual the Resturant did not disappoint.