“Typical Marriott - Exceptional Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Littleton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Typical Marriott - Exceptional Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows a few times for business. It is one of the few hotels that I look forward to return. The room is exactly what you expect at a full scale Marriott. No surprises. What makes me look forward to returning is the service and quality of food at the restaurant. I’ve travelled with my team and offered to take them to a different place for dinner and they often want to stay in because they have favorites on the menu.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DenverMarriottSouth, General Manager at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I'll be sure to share your review with our team of associates! Thank you for returning to our hotel for your business trips and I'm glad that you found our hotel exceptional. Our Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill team has done an amazing job with the high quality of food & beverages. We have 3 private dining rooms that can accommodate from 5 - 50 guests along with a patio that can seat up to 40 guests. We have live music on the patio through Labor Day weekend from 5pm - 8pm every Thursday & Friday nights. Sonoma'z has become a locals favorite!

Brian Lenfestey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The stay at the Denver Marriott South was ok, but did want to point out some low points that i experienced:

- The hot water did not work, apparently the boilers went down, on Wednesday morning...this was not happy

- The internet was sporadic on one evening...i was connected and disconnected several times and had to reapply to get access each time

- Did not receive a copy of my receipt the morning when i was leaving, so i went to the front desk to confirm i was checking out this morning...and it was confirmed just didn't get the receipt under the door

- i didn't realize that i had points i could receive by dining at the hotel's restaurant, it would've been nice to have this explained versus having the vouchers in my room key holder (This was small but didn't know about the vouchers since i never look at those things and didn't have it explained)

- The lobby's snacks were out and couldn't even get a piece of chocolate...SO SAD!! Apparently they were switching vendors and didn't have the new inventory in from the new vendor

So those were the low points. The service was really good so no complaints there. I was going to mention to see what the hotel could do for me when i was in the lobby (e.g. points, hotel stay, etc) for the hot water going out on that one morning....but the lady in front of me grilled the person at the hotel reception like a salmon so i didn't want to add to that mess. When i provided feedback to the hotel, after i was asked, i never received a response. I e-mailed the Marriott website contact directly and they got a hold of the Park Meadows location eventually and credited my account with points for my troubles. However, i do not know if that will be redeeming enough to have me come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Denver Marriott South and for providing us feedback on your recent visit. I'm sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Yes, all of our hot water boilers went down one morning from 5:15am - 8:45am and our Director of Engineering was able to fix the issue so it doesn't happen again. I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been for you. I apologize that you didn't receive your receipt under your guest room door. This has been addressed with our Housekeeping Manager. I agree that the vouchers should have been explained to you upon check in and this is something that we need to improve upon. Our gift shop is fully stocked and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Obviously we have work to do to improve our services and I take full responsibility. We focus on continuous improvement so your feedback greatly helps us to work on our shortfalls.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Business meeting in the immediate area, so this was very convenient. Traditional Marriott quality, near some numerous dining choices in adjoining shopping centers, though you would need a car to get there. Pretty straight shot from this area to Denver International Airport, which is NOT one of this nation's best airports. The classic example of what happens when you give government unlimited acreage. Vast airport complex, rental car lots appear in another state. Airport terminals are also vast, with enormous corridors and those ridiculous trams linking them. No reason this airport has to be this vast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DenverMarriottSouth, General Manager at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank for your staying at the Denver Marriott South for your business meeting! We offer 12,000 square feet of meeting space along with our three meal Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill which offers 3 private dining rooms. We are very proud to be in the top 4% for Overall Event Satisfaction within all full service Marriott hotels in North America! We offer complimentary transportation within an eight mile radius in our 10 passenger van providing you access to all of the great shopping and dining.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am not one to review hotels but I have both the luxury and probably misfortune to be staying in hotels weekly. Possibly like others I have for many occasions used TripAdvisor to provide information on where I was going.

This is one of many reviews I will also be contributing over the next few months. I have stayed at brilliant properties of the years as well as ones that... well... let's say less than desirable... This property was superb. The staff was extremely friend and helpful. There are little things that make difference and this hotel stuck out as one. I was sitting in the bar mid afternoon and one of the bar tenders asked if I needed a drink... I was only working on my laptop and said not quite now but thanks... he then proceeded to hand me a bottle of water just in case I changed my mind. This is a prime example of service beyond service and one that which I recognize as value to the property, management and staff.

The property was exceptionally clean and rooms where fresh and relaxing...

Thanks, Gavin

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DenverMarriottSouth, General Manager at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review! I'm glad that you found our property exceptionally clean and our staff extremely friendly. Also, thank you for your Marriott loyalty and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you during your next Denver visit.

Front Range
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night with kids. The staff was friendly, the lobby was very nice and while there were adults sitting around and some at the bar, it didn't feel noisy or crowded. The rooms were immaculate and the beds comfortable. The pool is indoor with a nice hot tub. The main pool was a little on the cold side, the kids didn't mind, but too cold for me. If your in the area, with or without family this is a clean, comfortable and well appointed hotel for the price. Nearby there are plenty of restaurants and even a Starbucks in the lobby. Good job Marriott, will try you out again!!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, not a great view and right off a ledge, therefore the window could not...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DenverMarriottSouth, General Manager at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows and for posting a review. I'm pleased to learn that you had an exceptional visit and found our staff friendly & nice! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and continue to build upon our service culture. I'll be sure to share your review with our team of associates.

Monticello, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I spent two nights at the Marriott, in a guest-level double room. The room was comfortable and clean, with two very firm double beds, desk, armchair, average-size TV. No fridge or room safe but plenty of pillows, hair dryer, and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer). The air conditioner was easy to control and kept the room at a cool, even temperature. The sound level was excellent--I went to bed early one night and slept in one morning and was not disturbed by outside noises. If you want a view, ask for it--my second-floor room overlooked a wall and rooftop. The lobby staff were extremely friendly and helpful, as was the bartender (but drinks were very expensive). I had an excellent breakfast (the farmer's omelet, loaded with layers of eggs, cheese, bacon, and potatoes). There's free internet access in the room, though I didn't try it. Free shuttle service to a shopping mall a couple of miles away. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DenverMarriottSouth, General Manager at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
The Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows completed a $3.8M renovation last year including guest rooms, concierge lounge, Sonoma'z restaurant & bar, lobby, fitness center and all 12,000 square feet of meeting space. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and thank you for posting your review. We do have fridges available upon request and safety deposit boxes at the front desk. Yes, a good portion of our guest rooms offer spectacular views of the mountains! Our complimentary 10 passenger van transports within 8 miles of the hotel which includes many businesses, Park Meadows Mall and over 40 restaurants. Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill continues to be a popular destination for our guests and a locals favorite. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Every single person working at the front desk are AMAZING! They always remember your name and try to get you the ungetable. Sonoma'z which is the inhouse restaurant is really good. Might be a bit pricy considering that the service is not the best. Food is incredibly good. The rooms are ultra clean and really allow you to rest. The facility's internet access might be better but it gets the job done. This is a pretty hotel for business travelers. THANK YOU Marriott SPM, even when I struggled with my credit card, you guys did everything to make me feel welcome and I appreciate that. Hope I can visit you guys again.

• Stayed April 2013
DenverMarriottSouth, General Manager at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Your comments are greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to share with our team! Our entire team of associates work very hard on making sure every guest is happy and our Marriott Guest Service scores reflect our efforts. We have been in the top 25% of Customer Satisfaction within all Marriott Hotels in North America for 10 straight years. Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review! We are always focused on getter better and your feedback helps us achieve our goal.

Brian Lenfestey

Been to Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows? Share your experiences!