“Florida Chain found in Denver, Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 372 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Overland Park, Kansas
“Florida Chain found in Denver, Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I am very familiar with Rib City from SW FL, where it is a favorite of my father and nephew. This location has great evening specials. Wed. night was family night, but I took advantage of the 25 cent draft beers.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. The owner Mike even stopped by and visited with me for a few minutes, turns out he did his training before opening this location in Florida.

If you like fried okra, they do it right. You can also get sweet potato fries and southern style cole slaw. I am a southern country boy, so I always wind up getting the pulled pork. This time I got the Sloppy City sandwich. Good value for the money.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best bbq in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is a hidden jem! Went on Father's day. The waiter was very very helpful answering questions about the menu. This was our first time visiting this restaurant and did not feel pressured to hurry up and order. All of the food was wonderful! They have several options for sauce, that satisfied everyone. Food all was great. Best Potato salad around (other than my moms). Ribs are fall off the bone, chicken was great, pork and brisket all wonderful! I cannot say enough great things about this place. Thank you Shea for making it such a wonderful experience!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great ribs and sausage, service a little slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We took the kids ages 4, 8 and 11 to lunch as we were in the area and tired of the obvious chains. Love that kids 4 and under can eat free (yes free) with a chicken leg and side. I got the ribs which were fall off the bone great. They have sweet tea and regular tea which is nice because not that many places have real sweet tea made the ol fashioned way. The service was a little slow and it seemed like we waited a REALLY long time (probably 30 minutes or more after ordering) for lunch. It wasn't that busy after all so we were confused what took so long. The fried okra was a good starter - especially for kids who have never tried that particular vegetable. Great if you have the time and not overly expensive.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Littleton, Colorado
“Just wasn't good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

It was Friday night, dinner hour, everywhere else was packed. We stopped in to Rib City. We've been here several times before, but not in awhile. It wasn't good. There were lots of people, so the place was hoppin', but the food just didn't cut it. I had the pork plate and my husband ordered the ribs. The food was cold. My husband said the ribs were tough....it just wasn't good. Probably won't go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Staten Island
“Good Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Convenient location, consistent quality. Good ribs - especially when you don't want to bother cooking.