“If you've gotta stop in the middle of Eastern CO, this is the spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   803 Highway 24, Limon, CO 80828   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“If you've gotta stop in the middle of Eastern CO, this is the spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

With my eyelids drooping on the long drive through eastern CO, I decided to stop for the night in Limon (pronounced like "Simon") CO. The Holiday Inn Express was an awesome place to stay, with comfy beds, polite maintenance staff who don't wake you up in the middle of the morning, a convenient location, and big fridges in their clean, well-appointed rooms.

Oh, and their night manager, Shannon, is a total rockstar. She found me a great room, let me back into said room without judgement when I muzzily left my room key upstairs, and was in general a great example of what I hope for in hotel desk staff.

My three "in an ideal world" things I'd change:
1) They don't have black-out blinds in the rooms, just privacy curtains that are more like gauze. I improvised with a blanket, but those little decorative heavy curtains that don't close all the way are just a total tease.

2) Breakfast foods were a little unhealthy/calorific (no fresh fruit, lots of cholesterol), but the AM cook-staff was good enough to find some hard-boiled eggs for me, at least. And this is pretty much par-for-the-course. They did at least keep the line well-stocked, and were super-nice, like everyone else on staff.

3) As mentioned by JahhhWigi, getting into the parking lot is a little confusing - you have to enter from the side, using a somewhat-poorly-marked driveway.

Room Tip: Avoid anything near the ice machine - it's LOUD!!! And if highway noise bothers you, you might b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Limon. We always love to hear positive comments about our staff and truly appreciate your rave review of our staff and inparticular Shannon. I would like to apologize that there was no fresh fruit available for you. We generally have bananas available with our other breakfast items and apologize for them not being available to you. Our rooms are also equipped with blackout curtains as well and I apologize for them not being easier to locate. Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and thank you once more for the kind words regarding your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future if your travels bring you though our community again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I regularly drive to Denver coming into Limon at the end of the day. This HIE location is always a good choice, clean, modern, right off the interstate. Aside from the hotel itself, I find that stopping here and leaving in the AM, I arrive into Denver just after drive time, with a minimum of hassles. Getting to the airport area of Denver from here is very easy. There are several OK restaurants near the hotel, a few large fuel stops and the usual fast food locations.
The breakfast at this location is always good. Touring from here, consider heading into SE Colorado, it's remote prairie/grassland is a counterpoint to the mountains and while some may consider it bleak, other find it a real slice of the old west.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and always appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and the accomodations we offer. We look forward to serving you again in the event your travels bring you through the Limon area. Thank you again for the kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stopped here just for the night. It was clean and looks newer than any of the other hotels around.
The breakfast was very simple and the staff was friendly.
It was easy to find from the hwy.
The parking entry is a little tricky but nothing to worry about

• Stayed March 2013
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and feel like you received good service. It's something our staff takes pride in, so we appreciate the feedback. Thanks again and hope to see you on your travels again!
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here for night on our way to Colorado. It was extremely clean, comfortable, and suited to our needs. The continental breakfast was good and well-stocked, and our girls were fascinated with the automatic pancake-maker (instead of the usual waffle cooker). The coffee was delicious. Will definitely use this as our "stop" on the next trip west!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all the feed back we receive. Thank you for your kind words, customer satisfaction is our number one goal and it's great when we achieve it. We agree that the pancake machine was a great addition to our full hot breakfast bar. Thanks again and can't wait to do business with you and your family again.
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Super place to stay when traveling I70. All the staff are very very nice. Room and bathroom were very clean. BK is good every day. Price is great with very good value. Very quite after 10 PM. The Maids do a great job keeping the rooms clean every day.

Room Tip: Room 308 is very good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to hear feedback and are glad that we continue to provide you excellent service. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice when you are in Limon.
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We just left the Holiday Inn. Quick check in last night. Our room was nice and large enough for the four of us to be comfortable. I didn't like the old coffee pots especially in the bathroom where I know they are washed out. I like to know my items are clean that's why I like the single serve coffee makers. Shower, air conditioner worked great. Breakfast this morning was good and a nice selection of hot and cold items. Coffee was good too! Will stay here again on our way to Denver. Always go by trip advisor reviews.

• Stayed December 2012
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for you great review of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and it's always nice to know when we have accomplished that. I can also assure you that we clean all of our coffee pots in the dishwasher on a daily basis. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)? Share your experiences!