With my eyelids drooping on the long drive through eastern CO, I decided to stop for the night in Limon (pronounced like "Simon") CO. The Holiday Inn Express was an awesome place to stay, with comfy beds, polite maintenance staff who don't wake you up in the middle of the morning, a convenient location, and big fridges in their clean, well-appointed rooms.
Oh, and their night manager, Shannon, is a total rockstar. She found me a great room, let me back into said room without judgement when I muzzily left my room key upstairs, and was in general a great example of what I hope for in hotel desk staff.
My three "in an ideal world" things I'd change:
1) They don't have black-out blinds in the rooms, just privacy curtains that are more like gauze. I improvised with a blanket, but those little decorative heavy curtains that don't close all the way are just a total tease.
2) Breakfast foods were a little unhealthy/calorific (no fresh fruit, lots of cholesterol), but the AM cook-staff was good enough to find some hard-boiled eggs for me, at least. And this is pretty much par-for-the-course. They did at least keep the line well-stocked, and were super-nice, like everyone else on staff.
3) As mentioned by JahhhWigi, getting into the parking lot is a little confusing - you have to enter from the side, using a somewhat-poorly-marked driveway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **Smoke-free Colorado. This facility is 100% NON-SMOKING** Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Limon, Colorado. If you are traveling on business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon has everything you are looking for. We the newest hotel built in Limon, Colorado, located just off Interstate 70 at exit 359. We are just 75 miles east of Denver and Colorado Springs. Our hotel offers the newest features of Holiday Inn Express property hotels. You can relax in the new Smart Style designed rooms. Our Smart Showers will relax you after a long day on the road. New pillow top mattresses and comfortable pillows await you for a great nights sleep. Wake up to a complimentary Express Start breakfast, served in our 'Great Room.' Take a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool, or work-out in our fitness room. A business center is available for any work needs. Free wireless high-speed Internet access is available throughout the entire hotel.Many restaurants, stores and services are available in Limon, 'Gateway to the Eastern Plains.' Come and stay with us and you will be very pleased. 'Stay Smart.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Limon i-70 (Ex 359)
- Holiday Inn Limon
- Limon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Limon