“Wow...what a shock, awesome hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Limon
Cuisines: American
Denver
“Wow...what a shock, awesome hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife, son and I were passing through on our way to a race up north, when we decided to stop in and eat. The little salad bar hit the spot and the home fries certainly had great taste to go with my burger.
My wife is usually the picky one, and she was very happy with here turkey and mashed potatoes. My son, well he was just as happy as his dad.
Now the shocker, was when we got ready to go, the waitress came to me and said the bill had been paid for us, not to worry and "thank you" for your service to our great country. You see I had just finished a two year tour in Afghanistan and didn't realize I was wearing a tee shirt that had the name of my camp on it.
Someone in the restaurant took care of our bill, not sure if it was staff or another customer, but I must say it made our day, to feel the kindness in this place.
Food is the best you'll find in town, and everyone in there was friendly to a few strangers.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Franklin, Tennessee
“Nice folks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We found ourselves stopped near Limon when a bearing burned out on our trailer. We got a lot of help from the local Napa parts store, and they recommended this place to us.
We found it to be good food, not fast, not dragged out slow, but good basic food. The waitress was quite friendly, and she took good care of us.
I'd be likely to return to this place if I find myself traveling through the area.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Simple diner food with and service with an awful attitude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Some friends and I showed up after a magical day at the Wonder tower and the waitress came up, threw some menus down and didn't greet us at all. Rudely asked us what we wanted, us with a smile, we then ordered and she came back with our food, and walked away. There was no "can I get you anything else" or any smile or anything of that nature. She then shorted me almost 4 dollars and kept my change assuming it was her tip. I asked for the money she owed me and she huffed and went over to the cash machine, came back and slammed then money on the table. We were baffled by this, considering we went in there super happy people and got dumped on. We tipped a dollar. Then she proceeded to heckle us as we walked by. A grown woman acting like a 9th grader, pathetic.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
oakdale la.
“Pleasantly surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The waitress was very nice. The food was good. We were trying to avoid fast food restaurants and we were very pleased with this choice.

Visited September 2011
“Local place, tasty burgers, fresh salad bar-but only 1 waitress and 1 cook... slloooww service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

From the east on I-70, good place to stop for lunch before you get to Denver. Don't be a hurry when you stop by this local place. We wanted "home cooked", not chain restaurant food. South Side burger hit the spot. Salad bar had fresh fruit, good variety of salads like you would prepare at home. BUT... there was only 1 waitress for entire place. 25-30 people at late lunch. She was hussling, but couldn't keep up w/bussing tables, taking orders... She did not check on us. Satisfying food though.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere