“Nice pet friendly hotel in Leadville!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver King Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leadville
Silver King Inn & Suites
You added Silver King Inn & Suites to your Saves list
2020 N Poplar St, Leadville, CO 80461   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Leadville
Littleton Co
“Nice pet friendly hotel in Leadville!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We showed up ~9PM on Fri night of Labor Day weekend in a driving rain.
We were planning on camping! The wife begged for a hotel!
But 3 other hotels in town didn't take pets!
Silver King does. For a mere $12.50 fee.
It was worth every penny.

The room was very nice, clean, large, 2 queens, fridge, microwave, TV and well furnished!
It would have been a perfect night except for whoever was directly upstairs
blaring the TV all night long.
There was no one at the front desk after 10PM to request them to quiet down.
If you stay there, make sure the place is quiet before 10PM!
Otherwise it was great.

Room Tip: Rooms 104 and 105, and maybe others, have additional outside access which is great if you have a p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'll be honest . . . The mixed reviews and photos of this place scared me when planning our trip. Don't be fooled! This hotel must have had a recent makeover. The room was remodeled and newish, everything was clean, and we had a mini fridge and micro in room (which I was told when the reservation I would NOT have). The breakfast area was fabulous and well stocked, and they have a waffle maker, which is a big shiny star for my family :).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
us
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First let me say that this property is will outside of town and there are no cabs. Since we were traveling by motorcycle, this was a disappointment. Leadville looked like a really fun town. However, the staff did everything they could be make our stay the best it could be and for that we were thankful. Even giving us the dining room with the fireplace, LIT UP, for us to enjoy with our delivery pizza. No Air which in August was quite warm.

Room Tip: Get a room with a total view, not in one of the hallways
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Seeing the mixed reviews, I was a bit worried. HOWEVER, this hotel is a very pleasant find in this small mountain community. This is not Chicago, this is a community of 2,600 (+/-) residents.

The cleanliness of the room was the first thing that struck me. It was nicely furnished and clean. I was in a corner room with two windows facing the highway, so I was a bit worried about the potential noise, but there was none. The staff was amazingly nice, which was great to see in such a busy time! (My trip took me there just prior to the busiest weekend in Leadville)

The breakfast was amazing and it was great to see that they use real utensils, plates, cups, etc. Even in the rooms, they do not use disposables. Yes, the televisions are small, but I didn't come to Leadville to sit in my room and watch t.v.!

Overall, it was a FANTASTIC visit. My one and only complaint....the coffee at breakfast wasn't strong enough for me-(however, my husband loved it!).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We just stayed last week and it is a dump - carpet was disgusting - I would not even take a shower. Don't waste your money. The springs in the bed were poking through the mattress. Ice machine was incredibly noisy, along with the semi trucks jake braking though the town. My computer monitor is larger than the TV. Do your self a favor and find other accommodations. I can stay in Chicago at a great hotel for far less money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ferg80461, Manager at Silver King Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We are sorry that you did not have a great experience at the Silver King Inn & Suites. We encourage all guests to notify us right away if they are uncomfortable with the accomodations. When guests let us know this we are able to try to accomodate them to their satisfaction. We are unable to make a person more comfortable if not given the opportunity. As you can see from the other reviews we do offer great lodging and hope you won't let this isolated incident deter you from patronizing our business in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a wonderful room. It was nicely furnished, spacious and clean. There was a wonderful hot breakfast of waffles, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. served in a spacious dining area. The staff was very friendly as well. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was spacious, beds were good, and there was a small fridge. Parking was close to the room. It was crowded but relatively quiet. The rate was reasonable but there was not a/c. Luckily we had brought a fan with us! We did not partake in the breakfast. The accept pets. The altitude was a bit much for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Silver King Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!